Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/13/3...n-photos-video

Looks nice. Too bad it don't have a Stylus or Sailfish . could be nice with some competition for the notes. Do we need 1080 phones I think we doooo...

US only...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-13 at 19:51.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/13/3...n-photos-video

Looks nice. Too bad it don't have a Stylus or Sailfish . could be nice with some competition for the notes. Do we need 1080 phones I think we doooo...

US only...
You're sooooo WRONG!

THIS is the first phone with 1080p

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You're sooooo WRONG!

THIS is the first phone with 1080p
Did you even read your own quote? I'm soooo right But who cares [ nice with 1080 phones anyway.

"
Taking into account that a reliable source of ours got to see HTC's 5-inch 6435LVW phablet recently, this would make the Find 5 unofficially the second device to receive the same full HD panel.
"

But this is intressting development and raising the bar. Would you buy a phone of today with less resolution than 720p resolution?

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-13 at 21:32.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Did you even read your own quote? I'm soooo right But who cares [ nice with 1080 phones anyway.

"
Taking into account that a reliable source of ours got to see HTC's 5-inch 6435LVW phablet recently, this would make the Find 5 unofficially the second device to receive the same full HD panel.
"

But this is intressting development and raising the bar. Would you buy a phone of today with less resolution than 720p resolution?
I was referring to your thread title... it says "first 1080p phone", which isn't correct

and btw, oppo find 5 is already out, the HTC is still isn't

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-11-13 at 22:07.

Ok, it's a draw

I want one of these displays side by side with my current phones to see the difference. Anyone own an oppo yet?

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
BS. Another meaningless number that is supposed to impress Joe Sixpack and his grandmother.
1080p on 5" is overkill. Especially when 90% of 15" laptops still has 720p. It should be the other way arround.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
BS. Another meaningless number that is supposed to impress Joe Sixpack and his grandmother.
1080p on 5" is overkill. Especially when 90% of 15" laptops still has 720p. It should be the other way arround.
Not really a bs number this time, 1080p is an industry standard (as I'm sure you are aware) and not just a made up resolution from another company who wish to one-up Apples retina bo**ocks.

If they can get decent battery life out of that phone then it would sure make things easier for the video junkies out there. No more having to faff with video converters to adjust the resolution or have the CPU/GPU working overtime to scale down the image to fit the screen.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-11-13 at 23:47.

To be honest I prefer a 1376 x 720 resolution on a 5.2in screen. The extra 96 pixels are for on-screen buttons to give a true 16:9 aspect.

It gives a "pathetic" 299ppi.

The only catch is, it needs to have RGB layout, reflective screen (CBD or Matte or otherwise), a high brightness and industry-standard viewing angled and accuracy.

I'm flattered

To be honest I prefer a 1376 x 720 resolution on a 5.2in screen. The extra 96 pixels are for on-screen buttons to give a true 16:9 aspect.

It gives a "pathetic" 299ppi.

The only catch is, it needs to have RGB layout, reflective screen (CBD or Matte or otherwise), a high brightness and industry-standard viewing angled and accuracy.

I'm flattered

Cant see any bad things with a 1080p screen. The only issue I can think of is that it's first generation which could have some basic issues.

Other than that I think all highend phones should have this kind of better resolution screens.