Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I've uploaded a package called trophae to Extras-Devel. It's very ugly (both UI-wise and code-wise), even embarrassing, but I'll post it here as a temporary solution until marble comes up with the better app, which should not take too long This one will probably stay in Extras-Devel forever or until I find some excuse to improve it and polish it up for Extras.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
very nice. took a while to load up my trophy list. but i do have over 2000! so even my ps3 takes its sweet tim if i compare. so. otherwise works great! many thanks. just what i need. all i need now is to see the bootlog when me phone starts up and im set! thanks again.

apps works great no problems look forward to a cleaned up version but this is ace for now

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I've uploaded a package called trophae to Extras-Devel. It's very ugly (both UI-wise and code-wise), even embarrassing, but I'll post it here as a temporary solution until marble comes up with the better app, which should not take too long This one will probably stay in Extras-Devel forever or until I find some excuse to improve it and polish it up for Extras.

I just tried the application, and here a few observations:

1. The app itself has an icon, would be great if you could include it in the Application manager too.

2. Every time the app launches, it asks for a username to look for. Would be great to have the option of saving a name and loading it automatically.

3. I cant really talk about performance as I only have 37 trophies. But it loads pretty fast, in under 5 seconds, so no complaints from me.

4.The app itself is intuitive and easy to use. Maybe we could get the option of displaying names instead of logos as some of the latter are sometimes hard to recognise.

5. Finally, I would absolutely love to have a portrait mode on this app. I know you wrote the "portrait.py" utility that most people who code in python use so it shouldnt be too dificult.

6. This is more of a feature request, maybe we could have the option of entering 2 usernames and having them compared side by side on the games they have in common?

In general, the app works great, and I really do hope you have the time to polish it a little bit more.

Thanks!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following User Says Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
I've got my app working (but it's very, very, very, very UGLY - I'll work on that later...). It can now retrieve all your trophies, lists your games and if you select one shows you the trophies for that game. Please note that if you tell it to save your email/password then it does so in plain text. (But you can tell it to save just your email, and prompt for your password every time, or save neither.)

On a refresh, it doesn't have to download all the games again, unless the number of acquired trophies for that game have changed, but I intend to change the format of the cached data before I release it properly, so you will have to redownload it all again. (It doesn't take that long for me, but I don't have as many as Mr Xzbit ).

The Following User Says Thank You to marble For This Useful Post:
wheres the new version?

I replaced the one on here. Install is by copying the tar onto your phone and 'tar xf trophease.tar', then 'cd trophease' and 'python main.py', all from an xterm window. Obviously that'd all change when I release it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marble For This Useful Post:
i got an error lol

~ $ cd /home/user/MyDocs
~/MyDocs $ tar xf trophease.tar
~/MyDocs $ cd trophease
~/MyDocs/trophease $ python main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 8, in <module>
from gameview import GameView
File "/home/user/MyDocs/trophease/gameview.py", line 4, in <module>
from datastore import TrophyListModel
File "/home/user/MyDocs/trophease/datastore.py", line 6, in <module>
from netfetcher import NetFetcher
File "/home/user/MyDocs/trophease/netfetcher.py", line 3, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtNetwork
ImportError: cannot import name QtNetwork
~/MyDocs/trophease $

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_xzibit For This Useful Post:
Oh, right, you'll need to install pyqt. The full pyqt install should do it (when I make a .deb, it will include the dependencies necessary so the appmanager will install the right bits for you).

nice one. got it running entered user and pass but it just hangs with a note at the top (todo /b/s/g/p) but nothing happens

Is the 'update' button enabled? If it's greyed out, that means an update is in progress (though it should have a status message saying what it's fetching or parsing). If not, try clicking it (or deleting ~/.trophease_account and ~/.trophease_data and running it again). It should have picked up your psn username from the profile data, and that should be there before the (todo b/s/g/p).