Active Topics

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by att View Post
Use services that support Mail for Exchange. I also hope that they will fix this in future.
I have an outlook.com address (or rather live.fi since Microsoft keeps changing its name every year) but apparently it only allows ActiveSync syncing and that's not supported on my desktop Mac, only Microsoft's own devices and mobile devices. I can't get my hands on a regular Exchange account since I suppose they are only for corporations.

Has anyone tried an outlook.com Exchange account anyway? Googles services were the only ones that are supposed to work on any platform ever until they dropped ActiveSync support.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
A good idea of a new post IMHO. What SD cards work.
i have 16gb card and i can't find it... so there is a slot, but not support yet? it is fat32 formated with ubuntu linux.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
The slot is supported. My SD car would not work at first then it suddenly appeared. It is fat32 16gb card. I did check what was on the card by plugging it into my win7 machine and it threw errors, which I fixed. It started working after this, but not sure if that was relevant. Swapping TOH backs also seems to cause some issues.

One thing that does not work is support through my win PC when the Jolla is connected. I can see the phone but not the sd card

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
RE: micro sd card.
I have understood that it supports SDXC cards, As I understand 64 gb size is maximum that is currently available? What producer card you would suggest to buy?
There has been some conflicting info from JollaHQ about that. They said a few times earlier this fall that up to 64gb is supported, but just before the launch they said that only 32gb. Although they did say something about file formats so maybe I got confused???

Originally Posted by att View Post
There seems to be a bug on Yandex.Store. Today Yandex.Store stopped working, again. I'm either getting error message: connection error or server unavailable.

After some testing it seems that at first time you can use Yandex.Store over mobile data connection but after some time it stops working over mobile data connection. To recover you have to use it over WLAN and after that it also works over mobile data connection. Until it breaks again?

There is settings about WLAN and mobile data connections on Yandex.Store but at least when it is in that error state those settings don't do anything/help you out of it.
It is not only Yandex.store. Official Youtube app and GooglePlay store have this problem too. Some component used in downloading, and not just browsing the contents, does not seem to be able to connect to 3gdata's interface until you connect to any WLAN briefly. After that you can switch the WLAN off and it has always worked for me until next reboot.

Generally speaking of reboots, there has been zero Sailfish crashes this far for me. Those were intentional troubleshooting this problem.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
RE: micro sd card.
I have understood that it supports SDXC cards, As I understand 64 gb size is maximum that is currently available? What producer card you would suggest to buy?

Edited: there are many cards available: http://www.hinnavaatlus.ee/search/?T...ice=&maxPrice=

What would be a good buy?
I've looked into that a few days ago, and have chosen the Transcend 64 GB card. It has apparently better performances than the Sandisk one you will find easily, despite being cheaper. I've read rumors about a 128 GB Sandisk one, but nothing on sale.

I haven't received my Jolla yet, I can't confirm compatibility but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-01 at 14:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Gmail android and steam android works on Jolla?
Steam works.

I have not tested Gmail-app or Hangouts as gmail imap works natively in Jolla, and I don't want Android sync services running wild on the phone.

There is also a slight problem that there is no regular android settings app where one could disable stuff like all around android sync settings or location services. Or at least I have not found one yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Has anyone test Netflix yet?
Android version works, but audio seems to be out of sync.

Link to apk was probably on crackberry forums.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Steam works.

I have not tested Gmail-app or Hangouts as gmail imap works natively in Jolla, and I don't want Android sync services running wild on the phone.

There is also a slight problem that there is no regular android settings app where one could disable stuff like all around android sync settings or location services. Or at least I have not found one yet.
thanks for the Steam verification

but for Gmail, yeap IMAP works fine...but not everyting on Gmail (maybe priority inbox, star, feching existing draft..etc)

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I've looked into that a few days ago, and have chosen the Transcend 64 GB card.
Thanks! I also just ordered one from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transcend-Mi...item1e7ce6d8cf

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience