Active Topics

Notices

Hello, all!

Thanks to javispedro, we should now have a version of Vulture's Eye that updates properly. I have promoted it to Extras-Testing. Please, test it and vote at this address:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2.100-1maemo5/

ATTENTION: In order to successfully install this version, you will need to remove the old one first. Further updates to Vulture's Eye should not require removal of the previous version. Sorry for the initial messup.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Grabbing the .deb to try this out but after I uninstalled my broken upgraded version Vulture's Eye doesn't show up in my app manager. Will update later when I get a chance to play a bit.

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Grabbing the .deb to try this out but after I uninstalled my broken upgraded version Vulture's Eye doesn't show up in my app manager. Will update later when I get a chance to play a bit.
Of course it does not show. It will show in Downloads now.

Random question; is it possible to turn off the gui and revert to the old-school nethack character interface? That ability to chose/switch would make this a sure fire download for me...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Random question; is it possible to turn off the gui and revert to the old-school nethack character interface? That ability to chose/switch would make this a sure fire download for me...
No. A separate Nethack package with the text-based UI can be compiled though.

Hello, All!

I have just committed another build of Vulture's Eye to the Extras-Testing. This version includes the bugtracker URL that points to this forum thread, to satisfy overly pricky members of the community. You can vote for its promotions to Extras here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2.100-1maemo7/

Once again: If you like this game and would like it to be maintained for Maemo, GO TO THE ABOVE URL AND VOTE FOR IT. If you do not vote for it, you will never see it in Extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fms View Post
...to satisfy overly pricky members of the community.
I feel satisfied, just voted thumbs up !

Looks like this version still has the bug where choosing the fullscreen option hides the bottom of the screen (making it impossible to select options again) and only way to restore the screen size is to edit the text options file.

Otherwise looks good ! (although I personally prefer the ascii version )

Originally Posted by jvj View Post
Looks like this version still has the bug where choosing the fullscreen option hides the bottom of the screen (making it impossible to select options again) and only way to restore the screen size is to edit the text options file.
You should only use it in the fullscreen mode. Do not try switching it to the windowed mode, if you do not want to lose the icons. It is just how the upstream code has been written: it assumes a certain minimal screen size.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
when vulture's eye is running pulseaudio eats 20% CPU. There are no sounds playing, so this is a bug, right?