Notices

Instead of making a thread every single time just to look for a app, I decide to make a thread just for people who are looking for apps. Basically this is how it would work. Someone would ask for the apps they want and if someone knows of such an app, they would just tell them where to get it.

Here's an example of how this should work

ME:
Is there an app for monitoring the data I use for my data plan. If there is, where can I get one?

Someone:
Is there an app for monitoring the data I use for my data plan. If there is, where can I get one?
Yes, there is an app for that. It is called the "Personal Dataplan Monitor". You can get it here:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...onal-gprs-mon/

I do hope that people would use this thread instead of constantly making new threads just so they can look for one or two apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MNX1024 For This Useful Post:
Ok, since I made the thread, I mind as well make a request myself.

I'm currently looking for these apps:
Sport Timer (it would be nice if there is one that I can set rounds and resting time because I do Muay Thai)

Something similar to winzip/winrar/etc (Basically what I want is something that would allow the N900 to extract compressed files)

Instant Messenger (Preferable one that can support AIM and MSN, and allows the usage of Video Calls)

OviMap Alternative

Last edited by MNX1024; 2009-11-22 at 22:19.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I was thinking about app/widget that counts how many minutes did you spend on calls during the month (for those who have limited free minutes). It should have settings for rounding minutes, for ex. on my network 62 seconds would be counted as 2 minutes, for my friend's network that would be 1.5 minutes etc. You get my point.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I would love something like google sky map - I know it uses a digital compass, but maybe a version using the GPS function??

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
There seems to be a wiki page under construction to list all of the available apps:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Application_list

There's also a wishlist page:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Applications_y...ther_platforms

Last edited by hqh; 2009-11-22 at 22:50.

Here's another app I would like to have:

A Media player that can play almost all the codecs out there. More importantly, one that can play .mkv files.

Here's the rest of the app that I request for earlier, just incase people don't feel like reading from the beginning of the thread:

Sport Timer (it would be nice if there is one that I can set rounds and resting time because I do Muay Thai)

Something similar to winzip/winrar/etc (Basically what I want is something that would allow the N900 to extract compressed files)

Instant Messenger (Preferable one that can support AIM and MSN, and allows the usage of Video Calls)

OviMap Alternative

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
Ok, since I made the thread, I mind as well make a request myself.

I'm currently looking for these apps:
I secod that, that would be an awesome little timer, rounds and rest periods a must!

I currently have an N95 8GB and I used to have a great program that would change the phone profile based on time. So at 8:50 just before I get to work it switches to quiet, my boss hates mobile phones ringing during worktime, then at 5pm when I leave it switches to normal. It saves me having to remember to do it every day.

Does anyone know if either a) the Nokia N900 has this function or b) there is an app that does it?

Many Thanks

Maybe 7zip could get ported maemo 5 (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=13163)

Btw for msn and aim:

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
On my N900, right now, I can setup IM/VoIP accounts for: Ovi by Nokia, Skype, AIM, Gadu Gadu, Google Talk, GroupWise, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, MSN (Haze), QQ, SIP, Salut, Sametime, and Yahoo. That's with just the built-in Conversations software, plus a few, small, free plug-ins from Extras. I'm not restricted to one active account per service either.

I actually have accounts on most of those services configured and active on my N900 all the time. It just works.
And maybe fring will support video calls soon:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=374110

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
A Media player that can play almost all the codecs out there.
Search for either VLC (coming soon, I think) or mplayer (which I use on my N810). Actually, I think this has been discussed in more detail already. Search the forums and you may find the answers you need. Sorry I can't give more details...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.