Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Hi.
I'm going to explore this problem, but I don't promise that will be quickly, because currently I'm developing MeeCast for Jolla phone and I work full free time for this.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
Hi! This is still the best app for Weather forecast! But can i ask why sometimes the desktop widget shows a wrong day as current weather? For example if today is friday, it will show saturday as today...nobody noticed this?

I am using OMWeather 0.28.13 on N900 with CSSU Stable
If it's behind, it may be that the widget only updates when it's on the active screen (and that can take a few seconds sometimes if you device is busy).

If it's ahead, it may be that the app is using UTC or the time zone is off. It may also be adding a couple hours for the "hourly" view, since most people don't care about the current weather vs what it's going to be in a couple hours. I'm not sure if OMWeather has this or not, but I know the ForcaWeather widget does this often in it's mult-hour view, showing the next upcoming time block, not the current one.

Just ideas to look at...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
this screenshot shows the problem. even the number of the day was wrong... 25 sunday? 26 monday?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
it seems the wrong days issue happens during night time (around 01:00 am). At daytime everythings fine.

more screenshots to explain, take a look at time and wrong days
Attached Images

Vlad, I don't know if this is a big job or something trivial, but could a plugin to use UK Met Office data be put together?
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/datapoin...-documentation

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Vlad, I don't know if this is a big job or something trivial, but could a plugin to use UK Met Office data be put together?
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/datapoin...-documentation
For N900?

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
For N900?

Vlad.
Yes please.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Yes please.
I'm sorry, but I have no any free time for it now. And Maemo is very old platform for new developing.

Vlad.

Fair enough; you need to spend your time on things you see as important.

If someone else were to want to try and get this working, would you mind? And would I right in thinking it could be done with a database plugin, or would the difference in data structure necessitate changes to the app?

Fair enough; you need to spend your time on things you see as important.

If someone else were to want to try and get this working, would you mind? And would I right in thinking it could be done with a database plugin, or would the difference in data structure necessitate changes to the app?
I will be glad if someone will create this plugin.

But. It will be difficult becase I rewrote the plugin system of OMWeather than I created MeeCast for Harmattan.

Vlad.

Tags
omweather