Notices

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Well, I was rambling about something completely different, but that's quite informative. Thank you. How long does the input field have to stay read-only? Can't it be set to be become read/write after the vkb closes? Or for that moment between pressing 'out' of the vkb and the finishing of the text-committing?
Perhaps you give me the solution
I'm going to try...

EDIT: unlucky not, it doesn't works...but perhaps I found what I can do

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-01-27 at 23:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
EDIT: unlucky not, it doesn't works...but perhaps I found what I can do
Unfortunate. Well, I wish you luck with whatever other solutions you come up with.

Also, quick side-note: When you were talking about making the "prev" button a shift key, I thought you meant the blue arrows are the top, the one that moves you to the previous word, not the prev/next buttons at the bottom that change between dictionary entries for that vkb.

I think if you're going to replace a button with shift, it should be one of the blue arrows - because sometimes it's a LOT easier to cycle with the prev key to the word/symbol you want then to loop around with just "next". It's especially useful for the 1 key, since it has all the symbols, which makes selecting the right key much easier, since if you accidentally miss it you don't have to loop all the way back.

Where-as the blue arrows don't really need to be used that much because you can change cursor position by clicking on the actual text.

This was why I was so for the idea - because I thought you meant the blue next/prev word keys, not the next/prev keys at the bottom in the same row as the 0.

However, if you're going with the 'split the key' route, then life is good and the next/prev keys are equally suitable for splitting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
is this possible;
using microb, if I press the internet-icon I get an page with my favorites, below I can type my search(google) but I can only type, the enter has to come from the hardware kb. Is it possible to make the enter starting the search?

If i'm in messages, and want to write an sms and tap the empty field, the app comes up and turns the whole conversationsapp in portrait.
So there must be a way to have conversationsapp in portrait/auto orient.
Can you achive that realsports?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
is this possible;
using microb, if I press the internet-icon I get an page with my favorites, below I can type my search(google) but I can only type, the enter has to come from the hardware kb. Is it possible to make the enter starting the search?
Press enter in vkb and then "close" it...so you don't have to use HW kb

If i'm in messages, and want to write an sms and tap the empty field, the app comes up and turns the whole conversationsapp in portrait.
So there must be a way to have conversationsapp in portrait/auto orient.
Can you achive that realsports?
Do you mean a way to autorotate the conversation always, without open vkb???

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-01-28 at 22:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
Do you mean a way to autorotate the conversation always, without open vkb???
yes, just support of potrait in conversations.

thx 4 the help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
yes, just support of potrait in conversations.

thx 4 the help.
This was just covered.

It has also been covered countless times on countless threads. It breaks down like this:

1. Yes it's DOABLE.
2. There is a difference between the keyboard rotating, and any other app rotating. That difference is that the keyboard is programmed TO auto-rotate. Conversations is programmed to not auto-rotate (it's programmed to be rotate-able, but it doesn't turn on set to auto-rotate, so another program has to set it.)
3. But realsportscars doesn't want to do that as part of his vkb, because his keyboard is just that - a keyboard.
4. Why can't we just reprogram Conversations? Because the source is closed, which means you either start editing/disassembling/whatever the binaries, or you clone Conversations completely. (THe former is of dubious legality, the latter would be difficult to pull off to say the least. I'm sure it'll get done eventually, though.)

So yeah. I myself suggested a page or so ago how you can do it. DBus scripts + wait until a Conversations-has-been-launched call over DBus + send the same call that Shortcutd sends when it enables rotation. (Which you can look at Shortcutd source code for.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Conversations can be made to auto-rotate. I've done it.

Hint: maemo-launcher booster plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Conversations can be made to auto-rotate. I've done it.

Okay, so I've searched, and I'm mostly just finding references by you to making maemo-launcher booster plugins for various tasks. Can you point me at a page, wiki, talk, or whatever, that actually elaborates?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-29 at 00:28. Reason: Typo

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Would that be the maemo-launcher equivalent of inserting a GtkModule in your normal GTK+ equivalent executable?

Just curious as I've been playing with maemo-summoner and new maemo-launcher sessions to play with things on my N800...

With the rotation thing though, a ported Devilspie that's aware of the rotation Atoms seems nicer to me

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Okay, so I've searched, and I'm mostly just finding references by you to making maemo-launcher booster plugins for various tasts. Can you point me at a page, wiki, talk, or whatever, that actually elaborates?
Here's some code to look at. booster_null.c is the generic wrapper plugin, the other file is the app specific plugin. I'll post more details this weekend if need be.
Attached Files
File Type: gz rtcom-boost.tar.gz (3.0 KB, 136 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid