Active Topics

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
I called today, they dont do repairs they would send it to the manufacturer for warranty repairs.

They gave me a number for a place in nyc, I called them they claim that the glass and digitizer is one piece and would cost 250 to replace ...parts would take about 3 days to get as far as the sim problem they would have to look at it. Here is their website

http://www.wirelesssolutionsny.com/

edit square trade is a better deal as long as they dont want to see the phone first ...good luck

Last edited by Mike Fila; 2011-12-26 at 17:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Now I need to find someone from Europe who can help me out

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
don't bother trying to get screen replaced. just use squaretrade.

any screen you purchase will include glass and digtizer, but will not have the over lay with the grounds, 2nd ribbon and the Bessel that cannot be taken off your current one that holds the glass to the device.

if i have proven wrong, please post the link to where to purchase the complete unit as it is easy to change the screen, just not to get a replacement.

Square trade upfront told me they cannot offer the warranty I even tried the online way and they called me and asked me for the phone model and said that since Nokia does not offer a valid USA warranty on this phone they cannot honor the warranty I bought online and they cancelled it

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
I Have a cracked screen and called to get warrant info with no issues.

Going to pick up another device tethen send mine in.

how weird, and they tell me they cannot offer me a warranty

can anybody with the sound knowledge of the hardware on N9 confirm this for me if this would be the unit i need to get the lcd replaced?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250959192529...#ht_1859wt_992

I posted this in another thread a few days ago. Mobile service provider Claro is officially offering N9 in Puerto Rico. My guess is those units must have warranty. I'd be very surprised if Nokia offered warranty in PR but not in the rest of the US.

Maybe that's one possible avenue?

The Following User Says Thank You to vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I posted this in another thread a few days ago. Mobile service provider Claro is officially offering N9 in Puerto Rico. My guess is those units must have warranty. I'd be very surprised if Nokia offered warranty in PR but not in the rest of the US.

Maybe that's one possible avenue?
I still would need to pay them to get it fixed, which would be around 250ish, the link i posted shows only one wire assembling the lcd but nokia repair manual calls for two, if someone can confirm me that, the unit i posted on the link above is the actual lcd i need then I am ready to do it my self now.

found a disassembly video for N9 its in Russian though, but clearly we can see that there are two ribbons that is connected to the board, on dark brown which is also shown on the ebay listing but the orange looking one is not visible. so, is the orange looking one; can that be taken out of my cracked screen and then replace it on the new one if i buy it?
here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tUbnM46E#t=60s

Tags
nokia support