Hi guys,

my default web browser on my phone can not start downloads for some odd reason, for example, when i go to ovi store via web browser, i can't start the download. Has anyone experience this problem?

any help would be appreciated

thx Arbi

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
just a guess.. but have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Dear cfh11 i just cleared web browser cache but i still can not start any kind of downloads

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
next quick fix on the menu is to remove the battery for 30 seconds

hi matthew,

removing the battery did not solve the problem, this is so weird, i never had this problem.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
The problem happens only with ovi downloads? I thought that ovi downloads should not show up in browser, rather in app mgr.

the problem is pretty much on all kinds of download. It will show up on the download menu with 0% status. Could it be something wrong with ftp? However, when i try with opera for example it works perfectly except ovi store, because obviously it doesn't recongnize it as a nokia device

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
did you install any new plugins or extensions? make sure the memory cache isn't disabled.
it sounds like it can't allocate the space to store the file for some reason. you might need to install syslog to see the actual error... i'm not really sure if that's good advice, but it's what i would do.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by arbishah View Post
the problem is pretty much on all kinds of download. It will show up on the download menu with 0% status. Could it be something wrong with ftp? However, when i try with opera for example it works perfectly except ovi store, because obviously it doesn't recongnize it as a nokia device
You don't have "hide user agent" installed, do you?

No i dont have such a thing anyway i reflashed the firmware and it solved the problem.

thank everyone for ur time and help