Notices

I'm thinking an "Open File" option on the menu would probably cure the lost videos/tracks and tracker issues. It would force OMP to look in a folder and may then add the missing files to it's own database, hopefully.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I'm thinking an "Open File" option on the menu would probably cure the lost videos/tracks and tracker issues. It would force OMP to look in a folder and may then add the missing files to it's own database, hopefully.
Doubt it, I have tried to open a new music file with Hamster Filer and the tracker wasn't bothered.
Reboot or restarting the tracker works.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Just out of interest. Is anyone getting the same problem in other apps?

FlowPlayer, MussOrgsky and Mediaplayer are also having problems locating tracks and videos on my device.

A lot of my tracks are mp4a downloaded via CuteTube-QML. All of them showed up in all media apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
any news about further development of this app ? 4 months and no new update. is this project is also dead like other projects for N900 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
any news about further development of this app ? 4 months and no new update. is this project is also dead like other projects for N900 ?
any known bug or feature request?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Well I am not getting any bugs that I know of.
I wouldn't say it was dead or unmaintained just because nothing has happened in 4 months. People just get busy.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pali View Post
If I remember correctly, default media player pauses a video when the slider blacks the screen. OpenMediaPlayer doesn't pause the video. An option to pause the video when slider makes screen black would be nice. And if the video isn't paused, it would be nice to turn off video streaming (since it's useless to stream video when screen is black, and may take processor power) and stream only audio, jumping video stream to correct time when slider unblacks the screen.
Yes, I am an odd user to wish to listen to video without looking at it. But it's still an interesting feature request based on observed difference between OMP and DMP.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
If I remember correctly, default media player pauses a video when the slider blacks the screen. OpenMediaPlayer doesn't pause the video.
Which for me is the best thing, while connected to TV and playing straight .avi's from N900 which out wasting power. Only few times I was watching something longer straight on N900.

An option to pause the video when slider makes screen black would be nice.
More options, great - not too many, since simplicity always works.

And if the video isn't paused, it would be nice to turn off video streaming (since it's useless to stream video when screen is black, and may take processor power) and stream only audio, jumping video stream to correct time when slider unblacks the screen.
Yes, I am an odd user to wish to listen to video without looking at it. But it's still an interesting feature request based on observed difference between OMP and DMP.
Best wishes. Thank you.
I might got it the wrong way, if so, sorry, but what is that You listen which out screen? Did You try mp3
Just messing here of course, anyway the bottom line is an Option won't do harm - that is it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
a bug? Sometimes when I open omp it takes a lot of time until it shows "x songs", "y videos". The layout doesnt rotate and one cannot simply turn off omp.

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-07-08 at 08:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Not a bug but a feature request
1. Please add screenshot button in video player
2. Also add "slowest, slow, normal, fast, fastest" option for playing audio files in different speeds
it will be nice feature

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse