Notices

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great app. Very useful.

would be great with a master detonate code so you are able to blow up the whole device in the face of the thief.
agreed, or at least make the phone start blasting espeak "This is a stolen phone, contact police"

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
I cant receive sms alerts. I've checked the number several times.
The number i've put is from the same network as mine.

: \

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great app. Very useful.

would be great with a master detonate code so you are able to blow up the whole device in the face of the thief.
A great time to remember it's still in your pocket

Makes for a nice hacking target, too. "Really?" *clickedyclick* *Boof* "Aww, my lineage!"

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Oops. Just saw the V0.3.1-1 Warning. Too late, I downloaded it already. OK, no big deal. I'll wait for the next update.
Rachol, I see too many basic questions here. So I decided to act proactive. If you agree with it, I'll try to compile a install/config manual.
If you plan to have locale files, you can count on me to prepare the Brazilian portuguese version.
Regards.
Roberto.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
Ok, after a restore and a bit of tinkering it seems to be working again but seems to require a reboot each time I try to access the configuration.

Keyboard with front-cam photographs seems to work fine but only if the main camera is not active. When the main camera is activated the phone sends zero byte images.

Reports of GPS location etc. by email do not seem to be working at the present time. I've yet to test the sms functionality.

Some thoughts:
In many places there are explicit laws against recording conversations without the knowledge of the other party. I'm not suggesting that this feature (if it is planned) be removed from the application but it may be prudent to ensure you add a message to this effect and have it disabled by default.

Earlier in the thread someone asked if it was possible to send an sms with a command to be executed; wouldn't it be better to store a number of preconfigured commands in iamhere and have a less obvious message trigger them? I know this limits the number of potential commands one can run but if the owner can get remote root access then surely that's all that is needed.

Many thanks for the great work.

Edit and update: Despite selecting the box I cannot uninstall the application...

Last edited by Martinus; 2010-04-29 at 09:59.

Originally Posted by roberto@datafidelis.com.b View Post
So I decided to act proactive. If you agree with it, I'll try to compile a install/config manual.
on the wiki, please

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Martinus View Post
Ok, after a restore and a bit of tinkering it seems to be working again but seems to require a reboot each time I try to access the configuration.

:: Yes i have that problem too, i have to reboot the phone to the configuration wizzard to be launched :::

Reports of GPS location etc. by email do not seem to be working at the present time. I've yet to test the sms functionality.

:: Yes, i have that problem too: By email notifications are not Working. Email dont Send. :::

Edit and update: Despite selecting the box I cannot uninstall the application...
:: Yes, i have that problem too, selecting the box, it starts uninstalling but fails after all :::

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
I just rebooted and tried it again and it worked for some reason.

Note that I had stopped the program before I attempted the uninstall. It failed to uninstall twice but on rebooting it worked.

I have the same errors as Martinus, config only works when reboot, after some time, did not check how much, it stops responding to SMS.

The SMS I did not check but the e-mail reporting is not working.

Hi, can it use network positioning when gps fix is not possible?

I have installed it and didn´t finish the setup steps, I will do it later.