Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
This is a Kernel Power related problem. There are at least 2 threads about this kernel power problem.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71127
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72002

May I ask if you have the PS3 Sixaxis installed too? May seem random, but I'm just curious.
nope...i dont have PS3 Sixaxis install or any games install on my device...i only have default games in my device...

I'm currently experiencing bug with "stuck" history - only on "root" shell, as user everything is working fine. I haven't updated busybox recently - it "just" stopped working for root, it's stuck on some point of history and doesn't record new commands.

I probably can fix it by deleting history files manually, but I keep it in case it may help in debugging. So, is there anything I can do to help trace source of problem?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
before you delete any files

can you check the owner/group/permissions of .ash_history both in /home/user and in /root?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
/root/ .ash_history
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root
Date for it is 26 August 2011 - I suppose it's when it "locked" itself.

-------

/home/user/.ash_history (the one working fine)

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users
This one display correct date - 7 September, aka today.

-------

No worries, I can keep it as long as needed to trace down source of problems. I can live without history for a while
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No worries, I can keep it as long as needed to trace down source of problems. I can live without history for a while
Thanks for the offer. You can safely remove your old history though, as I've found the root of the issue .

This bug is triggered when the number defined in CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_HISTORY, which is the maximum amount of history lines to be saved, is reached. This is 100 in busybox-power. The bug can be easily reproduced by executing "seq 1 100 > ~/.ash_history", which causes insta-stuck history

BusyBox 1.19.2 got released yesterday, so that's the version I'll be basing the fix on. I've already got a quick fix working here, but it won't be until this weekend before I'll have the time to push out a proper release plus fix, unfortunately. Until then, stay tuned!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
OK. So at least it is NOT a permissions thing.

I had this problem as well (only actively noticed when I read about it on this thread), and solved it by deleting the .ash_history files (without really looking at them or their permissions).

It now works OK, but I suspected it might have been something to do with using sudo gainroot perhaps changing the ownership of the user's history to root..

One thing I do now is to always 'exit' instead of just closing xterm. That may also have something to do with the problem, but I haven't investigated it further (WORKSFORME, so to speak).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Busybox-power 1.19.2power1 has just hit the repositories!

The stuck history-issue has been resolved in this release. Also, the latest save history on exit patch got merged upstream with some changes. That commit has been backported and incorporated into this busybox-power release as well, replacing the previous iteration of the patch.

And as always, it contains the latest upstream BusyBox release . Enjoy!

Edit: this new release has been promoted to Maemo's extras-testing too. You know what to do

Last edited by iDont; 2011-09-11 at 13:14.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Just swung by into TMO after a few weeks of almost-complete-inactivity (was mulling things over that were being discussed in all the 'future of Maemo/TMO/etc' threads, and college starting up again, etc), just voted on the version in testing. Glad to see the stuck history thing was understood and fixed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think it is cool that iDont's Maemo version of Busybox actually is influencing upstream development! Thank you so much for this!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Anyone know how to remove this and reinstall the stock busybox ?

Edit:

Used:
Code:
apt-get remore busybox-power
apt-get install --reinstall busybox
And done!

Last edited by zylor; 2011-10-07 at 17:28.