Posts: 56 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Malaysia
I've tried to install UKMP both from the application manager and through the maemo.org/downloads but after starting the installation I get the error saying Application packages missing: libbz2-1.0

I have N800 running with OS2000 Beta released by Nokia (no hacked version of N810)

I have searched the forums and Google too but only reference I find are the couple of threads here and they don't give me any hint. I'm not at all familiar with Linux. So can someone please guide me how to get these missing components?

-Hagar

Well, that is not the only problem, as I realised after posting the previous one
I just tried to install Python, Kagu, and some other stuff too. Every installation attempt ends with the same error message above!

Please help me with the simple steps to follow so that I can go ahead with the installation.

Thanks!
Hagar

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Don't know what the issue is I had no problem with the install but you could try this from fbreader repo.

http://www.fbreader.org/maemo/pool/u....3-1_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Please help me with the simple steps to follow so that I can go ahead with the installation.

Thanks!
Hagar
You're missing libraries. A lot of them as I had the same problem and just fixed it on mine (beta 08).

Application manager -> Tools (menu button) -> Application catalog
New: For name, your choice. Web address http://eko.one.pl/maemo/
Distribution: mistral
Components: user
disabled (clear box) tap OK.

Repeat above steps for another repo.
Name - your choice, web addy http://repository.maemo.org/
distribution: bora
Components: "free non-free" (everything but the quotes with a space or it wont work). again no checkbox in disabled (obviously). tap ok.

After you clear all the prompts it will ask you if you want to update the new listing. Click yes and after it updates, tap on Browse installable applications and in the alphabet soup listing you should see your missing libraries there, waiting for you to install them. After you install them, give kagu, ukmp, etc another go and they all should work now.

That took me about 2-3 hours to figure out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel1705 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
Hagar i had the same problem, and i asked this on the apps/ukmp thread but to no avail. and i dont wanna start a new thread coz is kinda rude i guess. but thanks to you for bringing this up.
to Sentinel - your a God send. that step by step was very clear and precise. how i wish people here are as helpful as you are. im downloading UKMP now and can't wait to play my mp3s with the new OS2008 beta.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
hmmm weird UKMP installed but didn't open. it also showing python 2.5 installed on application manager. i went to refrest list and its telling me some catalog are unavailable and click details. ill try to refresh it again later, maybe it will work. im so excited to use UKMP, i like it very much.

Last edited by ferjant; 2007-11-28 at 17:46.

Originally Posted by ferjant View Post
hmmm weird UKMP installed but didn't open. it also showing python 2.5 installed on application manager. i went to refrest list and its telling me some catalog are unavailable and click details. ill try to refresh it again later, maybe it will work. im so excited to use UKMP, i like it very much.
Do what I did when I tried to get Omweather to work (successfully). Write down the missing libraries and go hunting. With the new repo's in your application list you should be able to find whatever you're missing, install them and then re-attept the install for whatever did not work. One word of advice, if an install half-worked, uninstall it first before installing the libraries, so lets say Kagu half-installed or installed but doesn't work right. Uninstall it, install the libraries, then reinstall kagu. Had that issue with GPEsummary and my calendar not working quite right which had me going in circles for a bit.

The only other thing I did to my beta was enabled root access and from what I hear, if you do something wrong or improperly with that level access your N800 becomes a paperweight, so I think I'll leave those (simple) instructions for you to find at your own risk

Thank you very much Sentinel1705!
I got it working as per your instructions. I also installed Kagu. After comparing both UKMP and Kagu, I decided to keep only Kagu. I liked the interface much better and it's more user friendly in my opinion. I was able to download and install a lot of other apps too after getting these libraries.

Hagar

That is exactly the help I needed! Thanks! The only think I noticed now, since installing UKMP is the Media Player is broken? Or at least, I cannot play any streams any more from Orb. Any ideas on this?

Originally Posted by ranasing View Post
That is exactly the help I needed! Thanks! The only think I noticed now, since installing UKMP is the Media Player is broken? Or at least, I cannot play any streams any more from Orb. Any ideas on this?
Uninstall ukmp and try your orb streams. If they work, then submit a bug to bugzilla as detailed as you can that ukmp breaks orb. If your orb streams still don't work then reflash?