Hey everyone,

Basically quite simple really, my N900 today stopped picking up headphones some times, although i restarted it and it seems like its picking them up all the times now, i just wanted to report this, see if anyone else was ever having similar issues.

I also bent one of the pins out a bit just incase it was that, but i don't think it was. Can't be too sure though.

Just to let you know.

Cheers,
Cata.

I have a similar issue. My Shure headphones always register, but when I connect them through Nokia Headset HS-45, AD-5 they are almost never recognized, when they are recognized the microphone works etc.

Chris

The Following User Says Thank You to cmollenbach For This Useful Post:
Awesome, good to see i'm not alone Chris,

At the mouth of the input, there is a metal jack, if you have a micro screwedriver set, you can take your smallest screw driver, and pry a pin that seems to be rather poorly designed out alittle, i believe its possible this is what registers the input.

Sometimes it doesn't pick up my headphones (usually I am using some sennheisers plugged into the microphone/controls cable thing that came with the N97). I have found that if you jiggle the jack around a bit in the socket, it recognises them eventually though. (not that the controls work)

It seems to always (or nearly always) recognise the nokia headphones that came with it though.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
This issue is really annoying me... I just bought the Shure SE 420... This is the first morning I walked to the train wearing the earphones and the N900 in my pocket... The headphones disconnected for like 15-20 times... Also just a little push on the headphone plug will make the headphones disconnected

In memory of MW2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0L2daA3Ac&feature=sub

I am still having issues with this. I said in my post above that jiggling the jack around a bit will make them be recognised eventually but I'm not sure that's true.
The phone refused to recognise them for about 20mins today... tried pulling it in and out, shaking it all about, restarted the phone...nothing. Then half an hour later I plug them in and they are recognised straight away. Strange.

Hi there,
Dont know if its related or a coincidence but I got a small 'ball' of paper/fluff stuck in mine. Its right at the back of the hole and really hard to see unless you are looking for it.

It has caused my headphones to only register intermittently.

I have since carefully removed with a paper clip and I'm up and running again.

Hope this might help someone.