i know many of you guys have tried this. but lets discuss.

i have recently installed x-plore in N900 Nitdroid. and able to access all hardware files. i.e libcamera_client.so , libaudio.so etc.

so lets discuss here if any 1 can edit these files or find the solution for working calls and camera features!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrbilli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by mrbilli View Post
i know many of you guys have tried this. but lets discuss.

i have recently installed x-plore in N900 Nitdroid. and able to access all hardware files. i.e libcamera_client.so , libaudio.so etc.

so lets discuss here if any 1 can edit these files or find the solution for working calls and camera features!
calls are in development, camera too. Let's wait becouse we cannot pretend too much there's not too much people working on nitdroid so we just have to wait...

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Normally, to get something working that has been a long-term stumbling block, one would initiate a brainstorm, rather than a dicussion thread (or I would anyway). However, there seems to be a separate community in parallel with maemo.org so perhaps that's the place to raise this?

On the other hand, the absence of a fully operational connections (as per functionalities on nitdroid-N900 page) is probably the reason many would give for not installing nitdroid (out of those who don't have nitdroid installed). Therfore, you could try brainstorming on TMO and see how far you get. It is possible that something will emerge that hasn't been tried or considered by the nitdroid team?

Lastly, the phone and camera are known to be in development and the nitdroid team are clearly very competent programmers so let's just wait and see what they come up with.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Why not use meego? Android is not the "safest" OS. I don't like it TBH. It's too easy to hack and be hacked from, esp with root/su.

All phone, camera and hardware already works. It's damn easy to install.

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Why not use meego? Android is not the "safest" OS. I don't like it TBH. It's too easy to hack and be hacked from, esp with root/su.

All phone, camera and hardware already works. It's damn easy to install.
does meego supports fring , nimbuzz or ebuddy application ??

Originally Posted by mrbilli View Post
Can we fix calls and camera for android???
Yes you may. You will find the source code on the Nitroid web page.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: