Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
I really like the qml version of cutetube (version is 1.11.1 i think) . But just few days ago youtube downloads quit working.

marxian, I've noticed that when PSM is turned on, wifi tends to turn off itself somewhere towards the end of the video and it will end abruptly. The problem is that cuteTube doesn't prevent this behaviour. Can you make so that cuteTube will hold wifi connection as long as it's opened (even with PSM)?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Can anyone help to resolve the "Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted" problem of CuteTube. I found that almost any version i have installed.

Last edited by pleasurebd; 2012-10-21 at 04:35. Reason: Spell mistake

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Make sure your cuteTube is updated, and logout and login.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Received the update to v1.4.0!

Changelog:

- Added support for video playback using KMPlayer

- Added built-in video player

- Fixed duplicate entries in event feed

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
In self channel, the subscribe part, the last subscriber is duplicate

Just noticed on the updated version when I click to enable access to private videos, I get the following page:

However, I can only scroll up and down but not sideways so I'm unable to enter the login details...

I don't know if this is a persistent issue as never tried it in the previous versions...

Another bug I've noticed,

I can't play any video from my archives if I choose KMPlayer or Media Player as the player of choice...However, selecting cuteTube player allows the playback...Furthermore, the selection of cuteTube player allows videos to be played while minimized (yay!) but they tend to have subtle frame-drops...

Edit: Selecting kmplayer and playing from the results is no issue though...

IMO, since kmplayer is unable to show the video in the multi-task screen I'll stick to cutetube player...

Another issue I have is I get no results searching for Youtube videos but I do get for Dailymotion even though I'm logged in Youtube but not Dailymotion...Maybe its linked to the private videos issue mentioned in the above post...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-10 at 10:42.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
With 1.4.0 I sometimes find the app locked to landscape orientation even if I set up it to "auto". Setting it back to auto fixes this (until next time, of course).

P.S.
Anway, thanks for the reimplementation of the builtin player marxian, very appreciated that.

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
With 1.4.0 I sometimes find the app locked to landscape orientation even if I set up it to "auto". Seeing it back to auto fixes this (until next tine, of course).
Yup same problem here...It auto-sets to landscape orientation at every start-up of app...

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube