Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I had kernel power v50 before. But since it was consuming about 7Mbs in my root, I decided to remove it according to instruction from Kernel Power wiki:

Code:
apt-get remove -y kernel-power kernel-power-modules
Then I reinstalled kernel cssu, just in case (according to freemangordon):
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu-modules
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu-flasher
But now I get message saying "Package 'kernel-power-settings' not found!" as soon as hildon desktop is loaded. I tried installing kernel-power-settings but is seems to require kernel power v50.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
First lesson to learn, if you are using experimental stuff like this:
Never use the -y or, even worse; --force-yes option of apt-get while removing or purging packages! Give yourself a decent chance to read, what apt-get will do!

Second lesson: Read the thread, you may not be the only one facing that problem...

The solution is on page 14 of this thread, not too much work ahead , either here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=266 or here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=276

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Installed before the weekend, everything went fine - no problems with the procedure. Memory usage is indeed lower and it`s great. Device is faster in basic operations too (like navigating menus, GUI generally) but that`s probably because of the new kernel.
Keep it up and thanks for another great project freeman!

Bug: operator name and signal strength bars are disappearing randomly, most often when unlocking device (via hardware key or "swipe to unlock" gesture) directly to the desktop view.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
some good news: Finally i was able to thumb-compile a working microb-engine, will try to push a new update tomorrow
i have the weirdest boner right now. So much win.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
i have the weirdest boner right now. So much win.
Not only you.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Bug: operator name and signal strength bars are disappearing randomly, most often when unlocking device (via hardware key or "swipe to unlock" gesture) directly to the desktop view.
Not much of a help without providing dmesg,syslog and coredump . Also do you overclock? Any speedpatch/batterypatch installed?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-07-09 at 09:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Not much of a help without providing dmesg,syslog and coredump . Also do you overclock? Any speedpatch/batterypatch installed?
May be not related to your changes at all, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ng#post1221780 - after last testing CSSU update some people reported disappearing stuff from status menu and statusbar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
a bit affraid of installing this but i did it yesterday, so far no troubles what so ever and device sure seems faster..freeman, as always..you rock!tks

No overclock, no patch`es.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
May be not related to your changes at all, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ng#post1221780 - after last testing CSSU update some people reported disappearing stuff from status menu and statusbar.
I`m almost sure, that it`s CSSU-thumb related - I were running latest CSSU-T since day one and had no problems with that indicators. It appeared right after thumb update.

Maybe some bug in open operator name widget?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
freemangordon.

Don't you think it's now time to start moving KP to CSSU as community Kernel?

At least to CSSU-Devel.

IMHO the Thumb2 experiment is a real success and maintaining so much flavours of CSSU plus combinations of KP and/or community kernel, is going to be a mess.

I'm also concerned that all the development seems to be in the Thumb2 branch these days, so sooner or later a lot of people will move to this "fork" of CSSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life