Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
installed everything..cant see a difference..still good to know about the effort of the developers not giving up on the n900. tks!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
installed everything..cant see a difference..still good to know about the effort of the developers not giving up on the n900. tks!
Compared to what?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
After last update something is wrong with busybox-power: ereswap says "iostat applet not found", yamas can't scan hosts etc.

I fix them by installing busybox-power from thumb repo by dpkg.
Link to good busybox-power http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...umb0_armel.deb

Last edited by n900_; 2012-09-17 at 20:57.

Originally Posted by n900_ View Post
After last update something is wrong with busybox-power: ereswap says "iostat applet not found", yamas can't scan hosts etc.

I fix them by installing busybox-power from thumb repo by repo.
Link to good busybox-power http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...umb0_armel.deb
Had same issue with previous update, fixed in same way. After actual update problem didn' occured.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Compared to what?
..the other thumb before this update.

The Following User Says Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
..the other thumb before this update.
Aah, I thought that you're saying there is no difference compared to non-thumb

Well, don't expect miracles, with every release there are just a couple of thumb-compiled packages added, so the effect accumulates, it is not a jump. Though there is difference, launch camera-ui and compare the time it needs to show the preview with the time it needed before. Subjectively of course.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@impeham - I mean framebuffer console driver which enables you to see the kernel messages while booting. Also if you have syslog, I think it could be of use, though if kernel is unable to mount rootfs for some reason, syslog cannot help. In short - I need anything in addition to "don't boot"
i tried to reproduce the problem and checked for "/var/log/syslog" but wasn't there (i used the console option of the (great) backupmenu).
i tried to look for an explanation for this "framebuffer console driver" both in this forum and google, but haven't found anything - can someone point me to some commonly used guide?

Aah, I thought that you're saying there is no difference compared to non-thumb

Well, don't expect miracles, with every release there are just a couple of thumb-compiled packages added, so the effect accumulates, it is not a jump. Though there is difference, launch camera-ui and compare the time it needs to show the preview with the time it needed before. Subjectively of course.
the camera-ui is a very good example: just tested it and it really seems faster. tks once again for allthe good work.

Originally Posted by n900_ View Post

I fix them by installing busybox-power from thumb repo by dpkg.
Say "thank You" to mainline (non-thumb) CSSU maintainers, who don't want to include busybox-power in CSSU, despite fact, that:

[rant]
a) it can't be distributed "properly" outside CSSU - current version in extras do binary file replacement via postinst script, so it will always cause problems in situations like we're facing now...

b) busybox-power is upstream busybox (with all bugfixes), ported to Maemo, with respect to Maemo-specific patches (i.e, no regressions, only benefits).
[/rant]
---

So, summing it up - send (valid) complains to CSSU team (so they'll have chance of putting them into /dev/null , sadly), as it have nothing to do with thumb.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@Estel - re rant: You may want to read #maemo-ssu logs after you've been kicked.

And please, don't move your war with joerg_rw here, this thread is very productive so far, lets not spoil it

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life