associated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerds

Last edited by okhabin; 2023-09-20 at 20:36.

associated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerdsassociated nerds

Last edited by okhabin; 2023-09-20 at 20:36.

Ok so let me get this right. You obviously are either extremely clumsy or not at all careful with your N900 dropping it - you then placed it inside a pocket with another hard metal object and scratched the crap out of it, and yet somehow this is both Nokias fault and Zagg's

Please allow me to direct you to http://www.sadviolin.com

As far as scratching the device when you use your fingernails. You might want to consider some personal grooming because you must have some mad talon action going. I use my fingernails all the time on the N900 and have no scratches.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
well yea. it's my fault. right. I just called them to just return. I thought it wont' cost much but I just felt so bad about pricing. anyway I think I should buy some hard screen protector to stop feeling of scratch.

p.s. oh, what is PALCO company?
they says they won't work from tommorow to next monday. so I should decide today. wow..

p.s.2/ you know what? thanks for sad violin. i feel sorry for my n900!

p,s,3/ i should have know that N900 has really weak screen.

I neverknew, people says all resistive is like this, because it should be thin and weak filim.

Last edited by okhabin; 2009-12-31 at 19:56.

Originally Posted by okhabin View Post
well yea. it's my fault. right. I just called them to just return. I thought it wont' cost much but I just felt so bad about pricing. anyway I think I should buy some hard screen protector to stop feeling of scratch.

p.s. oh, what is PALCO company?
they says they won't work from tommorow to next monday. so I should decide today. wow..

p.s.2/ you know what? thanks for sad violin. i feel sorry for my n900!
Look into ordering the screen for $32 (link below) and do it yourself

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...WINDOW+ASSY%22

..and let us know how easy it was..

Also if you used Amex or a high-end Visa card, they might cover the repair...

You know what!? THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!! I should really try.

but, what's window assy? what's assy? 32dollar is OKAY at all. is it top part? and what about chrome part? can I find it anywhere?

I don't get it why PALCO should have $90 for this job done.

-----------------
got pissed off. 175 dollar minimum. lol thanks though

Last edited by okhabin; 2009-12-31 at 20:19.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Hello okhabin

In a free market, you can choose whom to pay for services like phone repair! This is opposite to the situation under communism where you are forced to pay for services and products from the state.

That makes the service providers compete for your business and money, and try to offer the best/most-efficient/cheapest service! In your instance, you could use a telephone to call various "repair centers", tell them your problem, and ask them to offer a better price.

Here is one (picked from google)
http://www.mobilerepaircentre.com/

If a user damages his phone, it would be wrong for Nokia to fix it for free, since that would force people who are very careful with their phones to pay for the damages caused by less careful people.

HNY

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I do agree that Nokia shoudnt have to pay, but how can it be out of warranty? I dont think the N900 has been out for a year..doesn't Nokia have a 1 year warranty?

Regardless of the warranty, damage from abuse or user-error (dropping it) generally isn't covered by warranty.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I refuse to believe this is true. Dropped the phone, scratched it up and you're not angry at yourself... just sad?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: