Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Thanks for this perspicuous Fix, I like guys verifying behavior of modifications.

Now, the button to switch traffic on/off be refreshed properly ...

Also, I have reread all the thread, but not be able to find how to add the "auto" tick option, there is only the 2 original options "day" & "night" tick options.

If someone have the modification, feel free to put it here ...

A++
you didnt search hard enough, look in OP or here
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=27

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Thanks for this perspicuous Fix, I like guys verifying behavior of modifications.

Now, the button to switch traffic on/off be refreshed properly ...

Also, I have reread all the thread, but not be able to find how to add the "auto" tick option, there is only the 2 original options "day" & "night" tick options.

If someone have the modification, feel free to put it here ...

A++
The traffic button refresh is a few posts above yours!

Originally Posted by nailwood View Post
When you click on the toggle item for the traffic mode in the main settings screen, you can see that the label changes to "Hide traffic" for a fraction of a second before the screen is closed - But when the settings screen is opened again, the label is still set to "Show traffic". So I found out this small UI improvement:

In assistanceModeSettingsPage.qml, line 207 (inside the block "onBeforeShow:"), you can add the following line:

buttonModel.updateTraffic();

This will show the label "Hide traffic" and the corresponding icon if traffic has been activated.

The changes for auto night switch are in this post.

Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
Here is what i understood:

views\settings\mapModeSettingsPage.qml

uncomment the lines between 38 - 47

models\MapSettingsModel.qml

uncomment the lines between 88 - 91 and 129 - 163

views\assistancePage.qml

uncomment the lines between 100 - 105

sections of code that should have the /*, */ syntax removed.
And the changes to the isNight function to make auto switch work correctly is here.

Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
So I took a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunrise_equation and http://users.electromagnetic.net/bu/...unrise-set.php

The drive-qml approximation for the declination is legit, it is equation 3 from http://solardat.uoregon.edu/SolarRadiationBasics.html

What seems to be missing is probably a better approximation of the sun transit, i.e. the true sun noon.

Otherwise, just some signs were apparently wrong in the sunrise/sunset calculation, with that fixed, it works well enough for me.

This is the patch: http://paste.debian.net/download/178685

Or inline:

Code:
--- /usr/lib/drive-qml/models/MapSettingsModel.qml.orig
+++ /usr/lib/drive-qml/models/MapSettingsModel.qml
@@ -135,8 +135,8 @@
         var lat_rad = pos.latitude * (Math.PI/180);
         var declination = (23.4*Math.PI)/180 * Math.sin(2*Math.PI * (284+dayOfTheYear)/365);
         var omega = Math.acos(-Math.tan(declination) * Math.tan(lat_rad));
-        var sunset = 12 - (1/15) * omega * (180/Math.PI) - pos.longitude/15 + today.getTimezoneOffset()/60;
-        var sunrise = 24  - sunset; //(1/15) * omega * (180/Math.PI) - pos.longitude/15 + today.getTimezoneOffset()/60;
+        var sunset = 12 + (1/15) * omega * (180/Math.PI) - pos.longitude/15 - today.getTimezoneOffset()/60;
+        var sunrise = 12  - (1/15) * omega * (180/Math.PI) - pos.longitude/15 - today.getTimezoneOffset()/60;

console.log("Sunset:" + sunset);
         console.log("Sunrise:" + sunrise);

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that Auto Day/Night and traffic works very well for me. I did the uncommenting of the four files shown by solstice88 and applied patch for correct sunrise/sunset calculation.

At the terminal, it showed me sunrise time as 5.44 and sunset as 19.48 correctly !! .

I am so glad to be a part of this wonderful community. I missed the traffic functionality most when driving around on the weekends. A big thanks to all involved here

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
I wonder why they (Maps app developer teams) comment out the useful features before publish publicly.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^ maybe because the features are not fully developed and elop doesnt wamt a dead os to have features wp7 is just getting

i finally managed to get the patch working by using arie's solution....but now all of the pictures used in the drive application (arrows, stop signs etc) are shown in the gallery application?!
anyone else experiencing this?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^ the pictures must be showing up as you haven't deleted the folder drive-qml from MyDocs.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
^ the pictures must be showing up as you haven't deleted the folder drive-qml from MyDocs.
thx a lot

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
I wonder why they (Maps app developer teams) comment out the useful features before publish publicly.
Have a look into the qml files and you know the reason. :-)

Last edited by alex25; 2012-07-13 at 13:48.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi all,

After clarifications, here is a patch taking care of all remarks I found in this thread (auto Day/Night Mode, Traffic option enabled and properly refreshed button) :

Stable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

Unstable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode + Time To Destination + Show traffic on map) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff

How to apply patch :

- First, switch to 'root' user with 'devel-su' command (enter your password if changed, default to 'rootme').

- Mandatory, verify you have installed 'wget' in 'settings' -> 'security' -> 'developer mode' -> click on install icon for 'utilities'.

- Mandatory, your device need to be connected to Internet !!!.

- Mandatory, verify you have installed 'patch' utility using this command line :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else echo "Ok, you are 'root' ..." ; if dpkg -l patch 2>/dev/null | grep -q ii ; then echo "Patch utility is already installed, you can continue with the procedure ..." ; else echo "Patch utility is not present, installing now ..." ; wget http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan/free/p/patch/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb -O /root/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb && dpkg -i /root/patch_2.6-2+maemo7+0m6_armel.deb && sync && echo "Done, you can continue with the procedure ..." ; fi ; fi
- Use this console command line to install the Stable patch :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; wget http://bigbob.fun.free.fr/N9/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff -O /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff && apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync && patch -p0 -i /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff && sync ; fi
- Use this console command line to install the Unstable patch :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; wget http://bigbob.fun.free.fr/N9/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff -O /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff && apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync && patch -p0 -i /root/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff && sync ; fi
Can someone apply it and report if all goes well ?

How to revert patch :

- It's always the same procedure for Stable & Unstable, just use this console command line to revert back to default files :

Code:
clear && ID=$(id -un) ; if [ ${ID} != "root" ] ; then echo "You are not 'root', please use this command line as 'root' (devel-su) ..." ; else rm /root/*.diff 2>/dev/null ; apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml maps && sync ; fi
A++

- Edit #1 : Commit changes from mbanck on post #143 ...
- Edit #2 : Like mbanck stated on post #146, reverting back, the time he can propose something more usable (correct refreshing of Distance/ETA).
- Edit #3 : Ok, to avoid troubles, managing a new full patch containing lasts changes about Estimated Arrival Time support from mbank on post #149.
- Edit #4 : Commit latest patch from mbanck on post #152 to Stable & Unstable since it doesn't hurt ...
- Edit #5 : Commit latest patch from mbanck on post #162 to Unstable (Refreshing & Cosmetic for TTD Time To Destination) ...
- Edit #6 : Commit to Unstable, latest patch from sony123 from IRC live session to keep users clean of questions and add the most awaited functionality, the switching option from Distance to Time To Destination when guidance is active.
- Edit #7 : Commit to Unstable, latest correction from sony123 on post #221 to properly show TTD whenever the time showed in h:min ...
- Edit #8 : MY mistake !!! Commit to Unstable, mbanck patch revert on post #198 and added also the fix he provided on post #226.
- Edit #9 : Look like there is many good feedback about last treasure found by sony123 with patch on post #273, so I commit this one to Unstable and also updated the commands to install & revert the whole thing without troubles.
- Edit #10 : Commit latest patch from sony123 on post #293 to enable the traffic details page in the Unstable patch.
- Edit #11 : Commit latest patch from tenchman on post #327 to transform the 2 state button "TTD, Distance" into a 3 state button "TTD, Distance and ETA" in the Unstable patch.
- Edit #12 : Commit latest patch from tenchman on post #355 to add an additional Button MUTE into the speedwarner setting screen in the Unstable patch.

Please report it worked properly on your device then I can remove the Unstable section to keep only one full patch as Stable.

Also, don't forget to thanks :

- sony123.
- nieldk.
- Arie.
- mbanck.
- nailwood.
- jd4200.
- thedead1440.
- tenchman.

Because nothing can be done without all these guys working on their free time to debug, fix & enhance Nokia Drive application for our precious ...

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2012-10-20 at 17:51. Reason: Following changes on the thread corrections/add ons/typo ...

The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post: