Does anyone else have issues with "Nokia Messaging" not synch'ing at the scheduled intervals. Sometimes it does and mostly it does not.

Never had any issues with the same account on E71, worked great when it wasn't down.

I have:
USA
Mail settings:
Update automatically
Update when via: Any connection
Update interval: 30 mins

Internet settings
Connect Automatically: Any connection.
2 connections configured: at&t internet (edge) and wifi
Search interval: never

The device is connected to either Edge or wifi for several hours and see no new emails. I make sure the mail application is running in the background

Just wondering if its just me or does "Nokia Messaging" not really work on the n900?

Last edited by bugelrex; 2009-12-24 at 03:58.

Nokia Messaging is buggy for me. It was working great at first and then one day it just stopped syncing. No reason whatsoever. I deleted the account from the phone and added it again to make it resume function. The other day, I was getting tons of emails. More than NM could seem to manage. The app just quit on me and then the account disappeared altogether. I then added the accounts again through the account wizard and I'm up and running again. It's great when it works, but seems buggy.

Nokia Messaging is supposed to be "push" - it should update whenever you get new email(s)

It's been working very well for me, but then I always have a 3G connection. It may be something to do with your connection (or rather, having a connection that isn't always available may be causing Nokia Messaging to misbehave)

Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Nokia Messaging is buggy for me. It was working great at first and then one day it just stopped syncing. No reason whatsoever. I deleted the account from the phone and added it again to make it resume function. The other day, I was getting tons of emails. More than NM could seem to manage. The app just quit on me and then the account disappeared altogether. I then added the accounts again through the account wizard and I'm up and running again. It's great when it works, but seems buggy.
same problem i got, except deleting the account from phone and re-adding didn't solve my problems, so i went to checking gmail via IMAP

The Following User Says Thank You to jobber99 For This Useful Post:
same thing here, its been 2 days it cant sync with gmail, saying the server is not answering... dunno how to solve this issue... its a must... all my contacts/calendars/tasks are on google :S

I have my Yahoo acount with Nokia messaging and have the same problem. However, my Gmail account is not done through Nokia messaging and that updates itself every 30 mins (as set up) so this definitely tells me there is a problem with nokia messaging. I am seriously thinking of paying Yahoo for their plus account. At least that way, I won't need to use Yahoo messenger at all.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ southern California, USA
Does anyone know how long the trial for the nokia messaging goes for?

I got the same problem now, after more than a month of working very well. See this thread. Deleting and creating the account again, did not help. I tried it few times.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by ocnsee6gurl View Post
Does anyone know how long the trial for the nokia messaging goes for?
I looked around but couldn't find the answer!!

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
At this rate as flanky as NM is it will be in trail for a long time. Because it's no way I would pay for NM service and my emails come as they please on a so called "push" service. My old sidekick email handle better than this. But I'm sure nokia will iron out the kinks before they start charging for this service because if not I see a lot of people jumping ship to find a better email client.