Notices

Thx for picodrive, it works very well, I can play my old favourites games without any lag or whatever. Great work.

However I'm encountering a strange bug ; sometimes the save function works well (I'm not talking about quick save, which is perfect), but sometimes when I click on "save", I write the name I want for the save file, and then I get a "failed" message. And I didn't found any way to save my game in this case without rebooting the phone...

Thank you for this excellent port.
The only problem I've had so far is battery save files do not seem to be correctly saved or even existent at all. If I save normally inside a game, exit picodrive and restart the game, no save to be found. Anyone has experienced the same thing ?

Nothing found in .picodrive/ that could look like it.

Have notice two errors with this app, works brilliantly playing games and quick saving when going back to the main menu which is great for on the train or waiting in my car, but for some reason the save to file option doesn't work as nc00 mentions above it is awesome how it remembers where you are loading a rom that is just great but not save?

Also would there be any way to pause the emulator and then exit to the main screen when a call comes through? I was playing flash back and got right to the end of the second level was just about to finish when a call came through and I died, I only noticed after finihing the call. There I was on my knees like a scene out of platoon screeming "WHY!!" in the middle of my office after walking out to take the call, Aaargh!

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Barcelona, Spain
I'm afraid you guys need to be a bit more specific.
Which version of picodrive are you using?
When the save dialog pops, does it show a valid folder? If not, what happens when you select a valid one?
Do you notice a pattern when you get "save failed" messages? (anything can help here: filename lengths, weird characters in filenames, previous actions, etc.)
Also it's better if you file a bug.

Picodrive 1.32 here, I tried a find . (from /) -name *.srm and no luck so far.

Originally Posted by wazomba View Post
Picodrive 1.32 here, I tried a find . (from /) -name *.srm and no luck so far.
Why *.srm?
Saved games have .pds extension.
GUI file choosers in picodrive can only reach folders below /home/user/MyDocs. ( with / in GUI mapped to /home/user/MyDocs ).

You mean I'd first need to load a save file (pds) before launching the ROM and trying to access saves from inside a game ? I thought pds were dumps of some sort and battery files would be handled differently. Although I'm not sure I'm completely clear explaining this.

Originally Posted by wazomba View Post
You mean I'd first need to load a save file (pds) before launching the ROM and trying to access saves from inside a game ? I thought pds were dumps of some sort and battery files would be handled differently. Although I'm not sure I'm completely clear explaining this.
Sorry, Pico Drive currently doesn't support battery backups. I was answering an issue other users had regarding load/save snapshots from the main menu and assumed you had the same problem.

No problem at all, I'll stick to current saves and will once more praise the excellent work done here !

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dallas
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Okay, so on the linux file system, "/" tells you it's the very top of the file structure, so everything starts with that.

If you open the Terminal program on the N900 and type:
pwd
(this stands for "present working directory")
it'll report to you where you are at at that time. The default start location is called you "home directory" and will show as:
/home/user

The area that shows in the N900's graphical file manager as "N900" will show in the terminal as:
/home/user/MyDocs

In your home directory, there are several directories that contains settings and preferences for all of your applications. These directories have a "." in front of their name that usually makes then invisible, but you can still "cd" to them. So if you type:
cd /home/user/.picodrive
this would put you in the directory that contains your preferences and settings for the picodrive application.

In this directory, you can type:
mkdir bios
and that makes a new directory call bios. You now would have:
/home/user/.picodrive/bios

If you have (somehow) obtained SegaCD bios files from the magical google, and placed them on your N900 in the "N900" area of the phone, you would type this:
mv /home/user/MyDocs/*.bin /home/user/.picodrive/bios
(it'll yell some warning at you about preserving permissions, you can ignore that)
You now have the bios files in the right place to play SegaCD game .iso or .bin images.

If your magically obtained SegaCD bios files were dragged on to your N900's Memory card, then instead you would type:
mv /media/mmc1/*.bin /home/user/.picodrive/bios

Any questions?
Like i mentioned earlier thanks for the help however on the part where you have "*.bin", is that where i actually put the name of my bios? like mine is "SegaCD BIOS V2.00.bin" also i did both to see what happened and it said something along the lines of this

mv: 'cannot rename 'home/user/MyDocs/SegaCD BIOS V2.00': No Such file or directory

Why is it saying that? i have the bios bin file in the main area when i check it on the n900 file manager. Did i do something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated -_-.

-MASTER
http://YouTube.com/DOAUMASTER
http://MySpace.com/_DOAMASTER_
http://Twitter.com/oMASTERo
http://mast3r.tumblr.com
http://DOACentral.com
http://DFWGames.com "Bringing Gamers Together"
National Video Game Association