Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Do we have any photos of the N900 with non-english keyboard layouts? I remember this Italian video, but I couldn't make out the keys exactly in this clip. JPEGs would be better. And of course, I'm especially interested in the German QWERTZ-variant.

Have such images appeared on the web somewhere? Nokia.de (and nokia.at) show the English QWERTY-variant on their homepages.

Finnish keyboard.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to amoult For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Thank you! Do you know how to get the Ø and the Æ? Ctrl+Ö/Ä? Another combination? Interesting anyways...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
This placement of cursor keys make me mad. Is the US layout the only one with 4 distinct cursor keys?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
This placement of cursor keys make me mad. Is the US layout the only one with 4 distinct cursor keys?
No, there's also Polish. And that's about it.

wow, I tought the 4 cursor keys were standard for all languages... now i'm going to be careful to choose a layout with all 4 of them.. :P
(prefer italian/belgian, but i've allready seen the italian one has 2 arrow keys only)

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I think that it doesnt really matter what layout do you buy becouse probably it will be possible to change it. I m not sure about this but i think it should be possible

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by osku View Post
I think that it doesnt really matter what layout do you buy becouse probably it will be possible to change it. I m not sure about this but i think it should be possible
Of course you can. It's a GNU/Linux computer after all.

Of course, it all comes down to a choice of labels. And as a perfectionist I'm not going to get a device that doesn't have my preferred keypad labels.

I find the solution pretty neat actually, and if I would care about German Umlauts, I would happily make that compromise. I don't though, so I will attempt to get a UK device for myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
i'm currently thinking about what is better:
lack of ö, ü, ä and ß and changed z <->y but four cursor buttons or just two cursor buttons but available ö, ü, ä and ß.

i think i will go with the german layout... for games we can always remap the controls to w, a, s and d...