Notices

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Like zdanee said, it's more about making a replacement for the stock player and I think there should be a stable base to work with before making radical interface redesigns, if any.

From the other news, it's about time for a now build and the accompanying changelog.
  • Fixed excessive CPU usage by too many instances of the playlist state indicator being animated.
  • Playlist state indicator is hidden while scrolling, dedicating more CPU time to smooth browsing.
  • Colors aren't hardcoded anymore, they should match your theme.
  • Adaptive loading for the playlist in "Now playing" window. Visible and sorrounding items are loaded first, so even if you throw your whole library at it, there's only little to no waiting time for the items to be filled with song info. I haven't had any problems for a few days, but keep an eye on your playlist and please report any inconsistencies if they occur.

thank you for fixing the "now playing" icon and the color schema

but i'm still seeing some hardcoded colors, in the main scren and the now playing screen

here some screenshots (see gray text, should be blue)

once again, thanks for all your hard work =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
thank you for fixing the "now playing" icon and the color schema

but i'm still seeing some hardcoded colors, in the main scren and the now playing screen

here some screenshots (see gray text, should be blue)

once again, thanks for all your hard work =)
What is the name of the theme that you use ?

Originally Posted by chipper View Post
I've got one problem, though: Some time ago I've made some desktop shortcuts to directly start my favourite playlists. Exec line looks like this:

Exec=dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"file:///media/mmc1/music/Mix.m3u"

This works with stock player (though I've found no way to start in shuffle mode), but with OMP, only the first song in the playlist is loaded. Weird.
Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I had more or less the same issue regarding the shuffle feature (stock media player).
I was able to solve the issue by enabling shuffle after starting playback. Try the following lines:

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"file:///media/mmc1/music/Mix.m3u"
sleep 5
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mafw.playlist /com/nokia/mafw/playlist/1 com.nokia.mafw.playlist.shuffle string:"is-shuffled"
Remaining issue was that playback always started with the same song. I solved this by "pre-shuffling" my playlist with a bash script (I know that's a bit wired, because playlist is shuffled twice). I'm also not using the mentioned "fixed" sleep value. Instead I'm requesting the playback status and enable shuffling as soon as playback starts.

Hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to N770-Freak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
thanks for the new build. loved dis programme but the high cpu usage was killing me. seems to b solved now

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Sorry for being a bit off topic,
[...]
Stay off-topic all you want if this is the result. Thanks a lot, that really helped.

Originally Posted by chipper View Post
This works with stock player (though I've found no way to start in shuffle mode), but with OMP, only the first song in the playlist is loaded. Weird.
For me, stock player only loads the first song and I can't even play it, but I guess that doesn't matter, because now OMP supports it. Shuffling should work too, if the player is set to shuffle.

Originally Posted by Harick View Post
Ooops... All the themes I have installed have gray as the secondary color and I didn't know about a few places to check out. Hopefully this time everything's alright.

To sum up:
  • Support for opening M3U playlists.
  • Removed more hardcoded colors.
  • Small adjustments to the look of "Now playing" window.
  • Radio playback starts automatically.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110928.tar.gz (335.8 KB, 306 views)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
[Attached files]
Is the source of this in git, either in the mainline or as a merge request?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
@gidzzz..
nice work man...but can u fix the sharing and delete options in video player...thanx
and can an equalizer added...?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
and yeah one other bug is...when firstly we play a song and then go to videos and start playing video...the video plays and when it is finished the song that we were firstly playing starts automatically playing from start...
Is this happening with others too...?

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
thanks gidzzz, now it's perfect, all the hardcoded color is painted with secondary color now

Originally Posted by laith.m.y View Post
What is the name of the theme that you use ?
it's marina theme

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse