Active Topics

listed in order of importance to me.

1. can the cache size for evince be increased so it can prefetch more than a few pages of a book?

2. can the default pdf reader be removed as i much prefer evince if not can i associate pdf files with evince?

3. fbreader appears to open all of my .chm files fine but chm filetype is not associated with it can anyone tell me how to associate the 2?

4. Can you save images from a website? All i can find is to save the entire page.

5. why is it the only themes out there are either star trek or plankton related(plankton breaks the default clock on my n800)

6. which format would be the best to place movies on to play on the device?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
4. Hold stylus down on image until a context menu pops up

6. I'm not sure if you mean like youtube or ripped dvd's. If you mean latter, use Google search from this forum's home page and search for, say, ripping DVD. There are good threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
well 4 works great thank you and i will do some more searching for videos specifically i was asking should it be mpg mp4 avi divx guess best way is to read and experiment for that part.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
For video conversion stuff there's a couple of really good Open Source apps that the community has produced. Nokia also has an official Video Converter project. See my sig for details.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter