Notices

I installed ukeyboard, rebooted, disabled QtLockscreen, Qalendar and camkeyd, but it made no difference. Camera Lens Launcher was probably the only non-standard thing running in the background at that time. After tinkering with ukeyboard settings I discovered that with some layouts Ctrl+Space language switching doesn't work at all, and that's it.

Seeing no objections to the new shortcut, I've uploaded an update, although it's Ctrl+L instead of Ctrl+P, because the related Ctrl+Shift+P would cause another collision. The changelog for OMP 20140307-1:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect opening of playlist files via mime_open and inability to restore the old music playlist.
  • Modified all shortcuts using Ctrl+Space to use Ctrl+L, to avoid confusion (and collision?) with a Maemo system shortcut.
  • Restored a phrase accidentally removed from the German translation.

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
An issue that still exists in the latest thumb version: when gPodder tries to play a podcast when OMP is closed, OMP opens and plays the file that was open when it last closed; if OMP's open the correct file is played.
I think it actually depends on the kind of the assigned playlist rather than on whether OMP is running. For example, if you were listening to music and then decide to watch a video podcast, even without closing OMP, the transition would trigger the bug. If that's the case, the bug should be fixed now.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
A feature request: to download lyrics for track(s) from selected provider (if there exist). For some artists the lyrics on darklyrics are inaccurate, for other they are, but lyrics wiki is inaccurate. And changing the global settings isn't handy...

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
A feature request: to download lyrics for track(s) from selected provider (if there exist). For some artists the lyrics on darklyrics are inaccurate, for other they are, but lyrics wiki is inaccurate. And changing the global settings isn't handy...
Sometimes it would be handy to only download Lyrics per track.
Maybe a "Get Lyrics" Action item in Now Playing could solve both problems.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
It used to be, when I pressed a song in a play-list, it started palying, and then continued to play the rest of the play-list.

Now, for about two(ish) versions, when I press a song in a play-list, nothing happens. This is for old and new play-lists.

The only workaround is to long press a song or play-list and select "Add to currently playing".

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there any way I can debug it?

Thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
It used to be, when I pressed a song in a play-list, it started palying, and then continued to play the rest of the play-list.

Now, for about two(ish) versions, when I press a song in a play-list, nothing happens. This is for old and new play-lists.

The only workaround is to long press a song or play-list and select "Add to currently playing".

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there any way I can debug it?
I was about to post just this problem.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
I was about to post just this problem.
Same here, confirming this bug on two devices.

As a temporary workaround you can tap and highlight the first song then press up key and enter for shuffle or enter for play.

There is no debug information in a terminal.
It affects all automatic and saved playlists.

I have also noticed "Recently played" and "Most played" are stuck on "3 songs" in Playlist menu, but I have actually played "38 songs" when I open them which is correct. Not sure if this is tracker related issue.

Not sure if this is also related but my first saved playlist is now corrupt for some reason. 90 songs worth of "Information not available".

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
After the last update, I had no music listed, and the play lists said similar. After I forced a tracker restart and did a reboot, it all came back as normal. You could see if the songs in that play list are listed, and/or try a tracker restart?

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I have also noticed "Recently played" and "Most played" are stuck on "3 songs" in Playlist menu, but I have actually played "38 songs" when I open them which is correct. Not sure if this is tracker related issue.
Might be, I doubt it is OMP's fault.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Not sure if this is also related but my first saved playlist is now corrupt for some reason. 90 songs worth of "Information not available".
Songs are identified by their location in the filesystem rather than tags, so if this is an old playlist, perhaps simply the files no longer are where they used to be at the time of creating that playlist?

OMP 20140326-1:
  • Fixed item activation in the playlist browser.
  • Fixed total playlist time calculation in Now Playing.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Playlist bug confirmed fixed on my device (at least). Many thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Please add an option to stretch video to whole screen & ability to cycle between audio streams during video playback. Ability to use external audio stream (i.e. separate file) would be great as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse