Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_i...h-touchscreen/

I have purchased MP4 players and phones from Chinavasion in the past, never any problems.

I just cannot believe how much this looks lika an N800. The camera was moved to center, but otherwise, looks just like an N800.

Ok, so it runs windows mobile and has a horrible resolution on the screen. Hopefully this is a sign that more MID's will start making their way from China directly...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_i...h-touchscreen/

I have purchased MP4 players and phones from Chinavasion in the past, never any problems.

I just cannot believe how much this looks lika an N800. The camera was moved to center, but otherwise, looks just like an N800.

Ok, so it runs windows mobile and has a horrible resolution on the screen. Hopefully this is a sign that more MID's will start making their way from China directly...
And an ARM 9 processor.... might be a decent device if the price dropped a bit and I new someone who had a decent exprience with it.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Since I would have loved an N800 with built in GPS, rather than the 810, this looks almost top notch, apart from the screen res (480 x 272?) and it only has 1 SD slot, although from the spec it sounds full size, so we could bang 32GB straight in there. Has a full size USB socket as well, which can only be a good thing.

Damn, wish I knew we could bung Linux on there.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, given the button layout, it may be interesting to turn into a portable console emulator

oh wait, they already sell one of those (and i wonder about getting one).

btw, arm9? thats what was in the 770, right?

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
The 770 does have an ARM926.

Some nice quotes from the web page:

Can I install additional software onto this mobile device? While you can install more software, the device has a storage memory of 8MB.

Can I update the OS? No, unfortunately, this is not possible.

Aren't N810s cheaper than this now?

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
i would say its some $50 give or take, depending. but i think this will be quite a bit more available.

and 8MB? ouch. still, its CE, not much software for it anyways. and you can probably run things of the SD, unlike on the tablets.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Isn't this one of the N800 lookalikes that was discussed here about a year or two ago? It was in silver then and we all had a good chuckle.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=15295&page=2

Was there another one as well?

Ironic really that here it is for sale and the N800 is no more. If they maintain the progression the next one should be good.

Bah. It's running Windows CE mobile. I'll pass.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Bah. It's running Windows CE mobile. I'll pass.
. . . an ARM9 and a low resolution 480x272 screen. Not a lot to show here for $200+.

Also: it's huge.

either thr profit margin is high, or the CE license is expensive...