Hi,

I am currently working on a KeepassX (v0.4.3) port named ownKeepass for Sailfish OS. For those who don't know: Keepass is a password safe to store login details for web pages. But of course it can be used to store any data which you want to keep secret on your Jolla phone.

Functionality for release 1.0 is finished and consist of the following:

- Read and write keepass database version 1
- Create password groups and entries
- Set and change key transformation rounds and crypto algorithm (AES/Rijndal and Twofish) used to encrypt the database
- Have a list of up to 5 recently opened databases for fast access on the main page
- Show username and password on cover page for peeking from webbrowser or any other app
- Copy username and password directly from the cover
- Some nice graphics and of course Sailfish like UI behaviour

Project is hosted at: https://github.com/jobe-m/ownkeepass
Project homepage: http://www.tisno.de/index.php/open-source
Release 1.0.5 now available in Jolla Harbour
Intermetiate releases (please only for testing) can be downloaded from: https://www.tisno.de/owncloud/public...b18a63fce18b08

You can find some screenshot on the github page or the project homepage. If you want to give it a try and find any bugs please report them also on github.

Bye
Marko

Last edited by jobe; 2014-02-27 at 12:30. Reason: Update after release 1.0

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Great idea! My wife has been telling me for ages to get a Keepass client, but up to now I couldn't do better than Password Safe (N900) / Password Gorilla (Mac/Win).

Your screenshots look nice. It seems you have a button to look at the password. Could you add two other buttons, one to copy the username and the other to copy the password?

Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Your screenshots look nice. It seems you have a button to look at the password. Could you add two other buttons, one to copy the username and the other to copy the password?
I forgot to mention that you can copy the username and password with a cover action directly from the cover.

Originally Posted by jobe View Post
I forgot to mention that you can copy the username and password with a cover action directly from the cover.
OK! For the flow you could still add a copy button for the username. Then the flow would be 1) app or browser, 2) look up Keepass, copy username, 3) paste in browser 4) copy password from cover, 5) paste in browser. Without copy button there will be another action. Or are you thinking about a pulley meny copy action?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Thank you so much jobe! This is awesome. I use KeePassX on Linux to store my passwords. I just opended the .kdb file with ownKeepass and it worked.

@rob_kouw: Adding menu items for copying username and password can be easily added straight away. I will put it on my todo list. Maybe I think later to place icons for copying. Let's see...

@ezameht: You're welcome

The Following User Says Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot! Will the parent project consider merging your code into theirs, as the mobile UI variant? Or it's too much of a separate project?

Last edited by shmerl; 2014-01-27 at 17:58.

@shmerl: Good question! When I started to work on ownKeepass (begining of 2012 for N9) I took the (database) sources of KeepassX v0.4.3 and actually forked it as the main project was almost death meaning it was not actively maintained. The developer was working on a complete rewrite called KeepassX 2. But as the new version was far away from anything usable that time I went with v0.4.3.

The mobile additions consist mostly in C++/QML wrapper, C++ Settings code for the QML user interface settings and of course QML for the UI. So it should be already well separated from the database logic.

I could think of merging especially when I start to look into getting Keepass 2 database support. Acutally I have planned to look at KeepassX 2 for the database code in the future. Maybe I get into discussions with the authors of KeepassX 2. So anything is open. I am all ears

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Thank you very much for this port. It works perfectly and the cover actions are just working the way I would have implemented them.

Really a good job!

You made an amazing UI for this. I love the smart use of the cover pulley actions. Wonderful.