Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Oh you guys!

The icon you see indicated that the tablet is in R+D mode. It's safe to disconnect the tablet if flasher isn't running.

Also, try "ls zImage".
If "ls" doesn't find it, neither will flasher.

So... I may have a problem. Anyone speak Dutch?

Last edited by maxinflixion; 2007-11-14 at 01:47.

"Gefeliciteerd! Je moet gewoon bricked uw tablet. U moet hebben gekocht een iPhone."

That's what you get for unlocking your tablet.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Oh you guys!
Now... what was that you said yesterday about them not releasing a beta?

Don't tell me they couldn't predict today's events... based on the USER BASE of the NIT's.

So now we have a beta release. Whether they wanted it to happen or not. (And because you have to unarchive and then flash it manually in LINUX then only people that are REALLY serious will participate in this beta.)

Last edited by keithlm; 2007-11-14 at 02:44.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Upstate New York
"Gefeliciteerd! Je moet gewoon bricked uw tablet. U moet hebben gekocht een iPhone." Congratulations. You must just bricked your tablet. You must have bought an iPhone. The incorrect grammar was in the original - I just translated... In all honesty - I have no idea what that message is supposed to mean.

I'm all over this...even though it means having to reinstall everything all over again.
And waiting around for someone to repatch the new bootloader to allow booting from SD card.
Good times....

Originally Posted by Paradux View Post
"Gefeliciteerd! Je moet gewoon bricked uw tablet. U moet hebben gekocht een iPhone." Congratulations. You must just bricked your tablet. You must have bought an iPhone. The incorrect grammar was in the original - I just translated... In all honesty - I have no idea what that message is supposed to mean.
Doesn't mean much. Just a little fun w/ Photoshop. I guess the whole thing reminded me of people bricking their iPhones... And Dutch, because it seemed like it might take some work to translate...

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by Paradux View Post
I strongly suspect the translation of the last line should be more like:

"You should buy an iPhone". Or "Next time buy an iPhone."

Argh, I slept 4 hours last night, I drank a lot of beer this evening/night and I couldn't go to sleep until I reflashed to the new firmware. Now I have to examine the kernel and the whole new stuff, this is crazy. It's about 4am in Germany, right now :P Damn ****** firmware :-D I love it by the way! It's so much faster and the UI is nice, except for the big fonts. Xterminal is also preinstalled which is a big advantage, cause it's the most important app :-D