It is not fact ... PR 1.3 is already under work ... and it is not end ...

Apps are not limited any longer and more is coming all the time - I have all apps what I need (and many unnecessary ones too) ... what are you missing ? - I know only 2 missing ones, whatsapp and shazam (or similar one as shazam), but I am not missing either one ...
I think I read the 1.3 update will be rather small. I guess we will even see updates after that, but its only a guess. I'm willing to take the risk of course.

I don't miss any apps, but its something I know because of my experience. I should add that my dad is an engineer, he's just a bit old-fashioned.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2012-01-31 at 08:32.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
I have all apps what I need (and many unnecessary ones too) ... what are you missing ?
ecosystem?

as I said earlier, apps are just like stickers. put enough of them on top of the monitor and the result will be really bad.

as I have told from the N900 release, apps are sh*t replacement for good os that works out of the box, all you need is to enter your account information for social networks etc you want your phone to connect with.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
ecosystem?

as I said earlier, apps are just like stickers. put enough of them on top of the monitor and the result will be really bad.

as I have told from the N900 release, apps are sh*t replacement for good os that works out of the box, all you need is to enter your account information for social networks etc you want your phone to connect with.
Well, I disagree ... I want choose all these great "sh*t" apps on my phone by myself ... as a result can be really great too ...

Do you really try to tell me that all apps should be integrated ... like Siri, it was sh*t until Apple integrated it ? ... well, that's just an strange opinion and certainly, it is not mine ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-01-31 at 09:32.

Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise...et-bill-gates/

[...] every company, even Nokia and Nokia of old or new, is only after a profit. Everything else is secondary but that also doen't mean things are black and white. I teld to view them as grey.
how gray is Maemo (or MeeGo / Harmattan, for that matter)?
Maemo NEVER was about profit.
it always has been & still is about... disruptive technologies
thus... white?

Flop, profit?
on which planet are you living?
just because the NOKIA stocks went up a hint upon release of the "more then 1 million Lumia devices sold" scoop doesn't mean it is profitable.
the only company "profiting" from LostDOS so far is m@ke$$h!t.
& the users eating that whole day long?!? don't get me started on that
and last time i read about it, LostDOS Paralyzed was a hopeless loss, by Bllamer's own admittance
maybe, maybe... this is because of the users' poor experience with LostDOS (updates, viruses and other malware, price policy. and who knows, maybe m$'s anti-competitive behavior start to "educate" ppl some?)

rotten iPotatos?
When asked what market research went into the company’s elegant product designs, Steve Jobs had a standard answer: none. “It’s not the consumers’ job to know what they want,” he would add.
any questions?

& tired reading about how LD.P. is NOKIA's future, that they abandoned Symbian and Maemo...
Symbian's path (Carla, Donna) is clearly defined @ least 'til 2013 (> 1GHz, dual-core) & there is no reason there shouldn't be more coming
someone else already mentioned PR1.3 for Harmattan in the works & PR1.4 "planed".
LD.(P.)? sure, lots of marketing, the future... of what, exactly?
PCs? dead end
servers? that's definitely a field where Linux/GNU is ridding in heavily
mobile phones? doesn't look like it; in fact, LD.P. has even less market share then LD.imMobilized had in the last couple years... how's that for a future?
tablets? sure, not even ANDRoid can make even a dent in iPad's domination, why should m@ke$$h!t?

so, to the OP's question;
Lumia, obviously, no
N9? well, even though in a country where the N9 is not officially distributed, all the (even not so) major providers have all the models to be ordered with contract;
if there is no news of the N10 (or N960?) 'til end of the year, i may actually spend a couple hundred bucks to get one (64GB) with my contract renewal.
anyone heard anything from Koajwujwer123 lately?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
misterc,

thanks for your reply

i was not, in my original posting, asking people to help me decide which phone to use, rather how n9 user(me) would enjoy using nokia lumia 800. from all video i have seen i have been impressed with wp 7.5 and lumia 800. phone will be arrivjng in few hours and i will post my impressions.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Fact is it will probably receive ...
How can "fact" and "probably" fit together in one sentence?

Fact is, the N9 is sold subsidized by operators in more than 20 countries across the world. It can be a great alternative to Symbian for many.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
i reject both of 'em ,hail N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
literally just received the phone

wow this thing is beautiful

i like the heavier feel to the 800

windows 7.5 is beautiful

very in depth settings

Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post

windows 7.5 is beautiful

very in depth settings

need ur comment after use 1 month if u dont care.....

Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post

windows 7.5 is beautiful

very in depth settings
Wait till you try to change ring tones or play a .avi video. Also try comparing the music playback quality of the Lumia and N9.