hi m8 could you plz giv me more specific details on how to install flash 9 on nokia 770 as i am very new with this. i do not understand the part where u say "code"

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
To install Flash properly on HE2007 OS, I followed the steps below.

You will need to install ' xterm ', to manipulate files and to navigate through the Debian Linux command lines.

Download and install the' becomeroot ' package.

The ' becomeroot ' Package for the final original Nokia OS seems to work on the HE2007 version.

Downloaded through Nokia 770 browser :
http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/micro...-4.2007.tar.gz

It will be good to place this Flash software in the ' root ' directory.
When this software is downloaded ( as mentioned above) it will normally sit in the ' documents' folder.
One can change this folder to the Storage Flash drive also.

Maneuver to the mmc1 and use the ' Copy ' command ( Debian Linux ) to copy the Flash Software to ' root ' directory.

open xterm:
# sudo gainroot.
This will work if one has installed ' xterm ' and the ' becomeroot ' package on the Nokia 770.

Unpacked tarball (this overwrites libflashplayer.so).
# tar -xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /

Changed directory and created symbolic link:
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0

Exit root.

Go to www.dslreports.com, reach ' Tools ' and then to ' speedtest '.
Execute the Flash 8 plugin based speed test.

Check whether the new Flash file installed, opens and shows up.

Good Luck ! !

Last edited by Arjun; 2009-01-06 at 19:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arjun For This Useful Post:
Hi I am a newbie in using this device.Can you please guide me through the procedure.I dont quite understand where to begin and how to do it.Thanks!

Hi I am a newbie when it comes with the nokia 770,Can you please help me how to understand on how to put the flash 9 working?Is there any link that I can follow?Where will I start for the step?Thanks!

how do u update your dobe flash player i need help asap

does the same procedure work for
flash 9 in 770, OS2008He ?

if not, what is a correct link for flash 9 in 770, OS 2008He ?

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
does the same procedure work for
flash 9 in 770, OS2008He ?

if not, what is a correct link for flash 9 in 770, OS 2008He ?
The same microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz file installs Flash 9 in all operating systems on the 770.

In OS2008HE, you do not need to make the symbolic links (the commands beginning with "ln -s"). They are needed in earlier systems because the download is written for the MicroB browser and earlier systems use the Opera browser by default.

@jld and others unfamiliar with coding commands: You need to open an application called X Terminal (usually referred to as XTerm, Xterm or xterm). This is built in to OS2008HE, but you will have to install it through the Application Manager if your 770 is running an earlier operating system. You also need to install an app called rootsh for OS2008HE, or one called becomeroot for earlier operating systems. To enter commands, write them on the XTerm page, and tap the "enter" symbol to execute them. Write them exactly as Arjun or computerfreek have shown.

If you want to know what the commands are about, a useful quick introduction is http://freeengineer.org/learnUNIXin10minutes.html . You can also search for "command line", "Linux commands", etc.

@khmerakaspeedy: Flash 9 is the most recent version available for any device using an ARM-based processor. This type of processor is more or less essential on small battery-powered devices, because others such as Intel or Motorola waste too much power.

Last edited by scaler; 2010-02-27 at 19:29. Reason: Gave X Terminal its proper name.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaler For This Useful Post:
Thanks, installed flash and got it working
is slow but works anyway

Last edited by Darius2006; 2010-02-28 at 00:03.