Active Topics

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Can't imagine I am starting a new thread with this topic but I would be interested in a phone with the following spec!

1. 12 MP Camera with shutter and Dual Xenon Flash
2. Super AMOLED capacitive screen
3. 4/5-row Keyboard
4. Dual Core ARM or the latest & greatest ARM mobile processor at that time
5. Separate chip for graphics handling and a DSP for audio (like in our N900)
6. 1GB RAM & 1 GB ROM or more.
7. 32/64 Gb in-built memory (class 16 or more).
8. atleast 1 micro SDHC/X slot (should be hot-swappable i.e., it should be replaceable without removing battery).
9. Dual SIM slots (with atleast one being hot-swappable).
10. Radios & Sensors: FM Transceiver/compass/gyroscope/accelometer/IR Transceiver/bluetooth3.0/5 band 3G/4G ready (LTE)/front facing camera/NFC/ambient sensor/proximity sensor/noise cancellation/wifi b/g/n
11. 1 standard nokia charging point and atleast 1 USB port. USB port should support charging/OTG/Host mode.
12. 3.5mm audio
13. HDMI 1.4
14. 32/64 Gb in-built memory
15. Weight ~150gms (upto 180 gms might also be fine)
16. physical size (especially thickness) should be equal to or smaller than the current N900
17. Screen: 3.5 to 4" with high resolution and good pitch density
18. Hot swappable battery! (should be able to replace battery without switching off the phone. Basically a capacitor that can provide 5 mins of life should be good enough)
19. MeeGo OS
20. Constant OS/software updates (once every 6 months)
21: price around $500-$550 at launch.

Except for the Dual SIM and hot swappable battery, I think I have been reasonable enough with my specs. Dual-SIM and hot swappable battery would both really be ground-breaking in high-end devices. I hope the "N9" comes with these.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
you dont want much then!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
you dont want much then!
Not at all, it seems

Anyway, I don't think you can choose both the specs and the price

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

you forgot to mention anything about handwriting recognition, scratch-resistant screen, and the power to control women

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
you dont want much then!
hehe

actually, I would wait for this sort of a device even if it comes by the end of 2011.

1. By then I am sure RAM/ROM sizes would be almost 1 GB. Now they are 512MB already.
2. 32/64GB is not a big deal. It will soon happen in all phones.
3. Bluetooth 3.0 is not new. Samsung has it included in one of their phones I guess. Don't know about other manufacturers.
4. Pentaband 3G is already there in Nokia N8.
5. LTE (4G) ready is already happening with LG's, HTC's and Samsungs.
6. Super AMOLED - Again HTC's and Samsung's.
7. Graphics chip and DSP separately - Already Nokia N900 has this. Nokia N8 too I guess.
8. Dual SIM - Nokia already announced this for some of their low end "C" series phones. In my country, even a $50 phone is dual-sim nowadays. Forget dual-SIM, there are even tri-SIM phones too available at almost $100 or less price.
9. HDMI port - Nokia N8 has this (but I think that is HDMI 1.3)
10. 12MP camera with Xenon flash and shutter - Nokia N8 has this.
11. Accelometer/gps/ambient sensor/front camera/led/ir/fm transceiver - Nokia N900 and Nokia N8 already have these.
12. Compass - Nokia N8 has this and almost every phone from HTC, Samsung have these.
13. Gyrocscope - Apple's iphone 4. Don't know if any other manufacturer has this yet.
14. NFC - Nokia plans to include this in all their upcoming smartphones. This was announced recently.
15. Hot-swappable microSD - Nokia N900 has this.
16. Keyboard - Nokia N900 already has this. Nokia N97 is 4-row I guess.
17. 1 standard Nokia charging point and 1 USB - Nokia N8 has this.
18. MeeGo - for this sort of a phone from Nokia, it definitely would ship with MeeGo
19. Updates - MeeGo has 6 months update cycle. So, even a community backed update is fine.
20. 3.5mm connector - Nokia N900 and Nokia N8 already has this.

So, basically I am looking for a mash-up of Nokia N900 and N8 with some upgraded specs (especially RAM/ROM) and hot-swappable battery and dual-SIM.

More importantly, don't see a reason why Nokia can't do this.
Except for the Super AMOLED thing which it has to depend on Samsung and that these screens are in such high-demand that Samsung is unable to meet the demand.

21. Finally the price. How about this at $600 then.

Originally Posted by m0da View Post
you forgot to mention anything about handwriting recognition, scratch-resistant screen, and the power to control women
Handwriting recognition - Since I want capacitive, it's given that I don't need a resistive screen.
scratch-resistant screen - Didn't feel the need to specifically ask for it and some aluminium casing.
Power to control women - it automatically comes with this sort of device. Don't U think?

What I missed from the initial list is few hardware buttons on the phone (not the keyboard). This for me is a drawback on my N900.

OK, once more...

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
OK, once more...

hehe!! U r funny!!

Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
OK, once more...

hehe!! U r funny!!
Just doing my impression of Nokia.