Closed Thread
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
This month it's a bit different theme... As TomJ says:
"August, as evry skoolboy kno, is named for a Roman Emperor, so my first thought was Imperial. It then occurred to me the friendly games which are proceeding in Glasgae were once known as the Empire and Commonwealth Games. So with that omen, the theme is "Imperial or Commonwealthy". That tile can be interpreted as broadly as possible.."

The rules:

Photos must be taken during this month.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a camera phone.
Users must name the phone used to shoot the picture.
Users must add a link to the original photo with EXIF.
Users can change the entry only once.
Last three days of this month are for voting.

Happy shooting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
when will be a competition for the real maemo guys like me ?
Pray, elucidate.

Damn, they are asking us TO THINK with this new title.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Damn, they are asking us TO THINK with this new title.....
Indeed. 8-)

Remember, the intention is the broadest interpretation of the theme which, off the top of my head includes an entire measurement system and a species of both butterflies and penguins...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Some weird off topic moved to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93537

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I don't have the time for a shot but I'll see what I can do.
I would hate to not continue this competition but you have to participate some as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
OK. Few words of introduction first

It's a war cemetery and monument. One of four in a small village alone, one of ten in just few kilometer radius, one of few hundreds left by a single battle. Wildly inaccurate estimations range up to half million killed, wounded and missing soldiers; no one counted civilians. It was no static "meatgrinder" like Verdun; the battle resulted in shifting front for hundreds of kilometers and changed balance in this theatre for the rest of war. It's almost completely forgotten now, although it took place not even hundred years ago.

Belligerents were three empires; the battle took place on land of former Commonwealth, that those empires once united against, defeated and parted. I hope it links the photo and story to the topic well enough. On the cemeteries lie soldiers of at least seven nationalities; some graves have names on them, many bear only colored flag-like ribbons, many say nothig. None of the empires survived the war; they changed their forms of government, fell into civil wars, broke apart back into smaller national states; the states were usually content to live on their own and became quite allergic to the term "empire" Sometimes falling is the best empire can do.

Enough; here's photo. No EXIF (will I be finally expelled from contest for that?), for it was again took with "HDR camera", this time used solely for bracket (I was there somehow by accident, late, light was poor). Minimal geometry and levels correction in the GIMP.

Original: http://lemur.hg.pl/i/p/213qvm.jpeg

Taken with N9. It's the war cemetery in Staszkówka, Poland; the battle was fought by German and Austro-Hungarian Empires against the Russian Empire in spring of 1915 and it's called the battle of Gorlice.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Sad but good photo of that place. Thanks, TBH I don't think the exif is much important anyways.
But I want to only know if it was shot with a phone because it is a camera phone competition after all.
If we are to keep this competition going I must open a thread for ideas or just redirect you to this thread.
Any ideas for the competition go there and perhaps after talking it over and voting over it we will improve something, if someone is interested enough.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  21.2 KB

This is Scarborough Castle in England, UK. The castle was built around 1130s.
Part of the castle is in the picture (imperial), as well as the town, church and coast line (commonwealth). Picture was taken last week with Nokia 808.

Original: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev5eeovva0...80%29.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2014-08-25 at 11:31.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
I can't really shoot anything imperial or comonwealthy here in Zagreb.
If it's OK I can prolong the time for entering til Friday 12pm.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
You're the one who sets the rules of content, no need to ask Just for the record, it's OK to me.

(I could not resist: metric vs imperial)

The Following User Says Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
august, camera, competition, imperial, mobile