Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Are you in San Diego too?

AT&T?
yes and yes.

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
I had this problem every other time on 3G. Changing the specific access point's proxy to automatic completely solved this issue for me. Also, it does make sense to leave it automatic, since it changes from time to time.

Sadly, WiFi connection issue exists.. requiring router reboot. It works at times, but at other times, it's buggy.
ok i turned the proxy to automatic for the "att Internet" access Point which is set to be used automatically. It was set to No proxy. IThink it's a cellular driver issue because it only happens when the reception becomes low on a high Usage cell, some one didn't do all their testing. My wifi work s through all this. The other thing i did was mark my hidden wifi hidden in the profile. Lets hope it helps.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-08-14 at 17:16.

Hi, I have been having issues of late with Straight Talk(MVNO using AT&T network) , and since last one week the connection has been very unstable in AZ. I have to cycle flight mode to get data back. Calls and SMS are unaffected. I never ever had issues with networking before this. I have PR 1.3, installed the day it came out.

So for all the ATT/ATT MVNO users, I would say the blame lies more on the network, I dont think anything is wrong with the phone.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
ok i turned the proxy to automatic for the "att Internet" access Point which is set to be used automatically. It was set to No proxy. IThink it's a cellular driver issue because it only happens when the reception becomes low on a high Usage cell, some one didn't do all their testing. My wifi work s through all this. The other thing i did was mark my hidden wifi hidden in the profile. Lets hope it helps.
Good luck, I did the same thing with the Proxy.

I may try a T-Mobile SIM and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
I had this problem every other time on 3G. Changing the specific access point's proxy to automatic completely solved this issue for me. Also, it does make sense to leave it automatic, since it changes from time to time.
Even when you have it on auto you still need to put in a automatic proxy-server address.
(which will auto-configure all the fixed addresses for the diff. protocols if/when things change)
Weirdly though, some haven't put one in & it's fixed the problem for them regardless...

Sadly, WiFi connection issue exists.. requiring router reboot. It works at times, but at other times, it's buggy.
Not an issue at all for my WLAN configurations, no worse than most of my other devices.

The other thing i did was mark my hidden wifi hidden in the profile.
What makes you think that will help? How did you do that?

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with proxy settings, but probably rather the hardware/drivers. This issue is incredibly annoying and I decided to see if I could maybe get a better idea of the issue, so I tail'd the syslog for a while and noticed that it would generate an error associated with the GPRS signal. I am still waiting on Nokia to call me back on a support request on the issue.
@nmd

Did you ever hear back from Nokia?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-08-15 at 07:26. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post

What makes you think that will help? How did you do that?
i dont know if itll help, but atleast its accurate.
There is a selection under advanced settings for the access point, all the way at the end.
also for some reason there were two access points for my hidden wifi. so i also Deleted the second one.

I don't see how it'd help or why its more accurate, but I've also disabled Hidden WLAN so that it no longer appears.

Setting a proxy did not work for me. It still lost the reception.

I'm using Profilematic and let the phone go down to 2G when it idles and goes back to 3G as soon as I unlock it. Has worked for me so far without loss of reception.

Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
I'm using Profilematic and let the phone go down to 2G when it idles and goes back to 3G as soon as I unlock it. Has worked for me so far without loss of reception.
I've tried that in the past, but there was some issue preventing me from using it, can't recall what it was now, will try again.

i dont know if itll help, but atleast its accurate.
There is a selection under advanced settings for the access point, all the way at the end.
also for some reason there were two access points for my hidden wifi. so i also Deleted the second one.
Like I said in a previous post, I've had my AP set to no Proxy.

But since you're in the same locale, I decided to try 3G again since you've reported no issues. I went a few hours last night (Profilematic switches to power saving overnight). Been up for a bit and 3G is still working.

We'll see.