Active Topics

Notices

I tested today Cleven with kp50 on my second n900 and all is fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to q6600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Now that freemangordon has compiled a kp50 offshoot named kernel-cssu (the thumb2 thread on TMO elaborates on this), Cleven searches for the compat-wireless files in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-cssu1/ instead of ...power50, where kernel-cssu still keeps the files. The obvious solution works.

Saturn, I think Cleven should mention if it completely fails to find and load compat-wireless when the user prompts to load them using the button in question. Now, it just makes it seem like it actually loaded them (button turns red) and the only thing hinting about something going wrong is the fact that the MAC address bar goes blank.

P.S. Saturn, could you implement a toggle to remove the "this kernel is perhaps incompatible with Cleven" yellow banner completely at the user's discretion?

Last edited by Raimu; 2012-06-16 at 16:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Now that freemangordon has compiled a kp50 offshoot named kernel-cssu (the thumb2 thread on TMO elaborates on this), Cleven searches for the compat-wireless files in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-cssu1/ instead of ...power50, where kernel-cssu still keeps the files. The obvious solution works.
I haven't used it yet and I didn't understood your comment. Does it work?

Saturn, I think Cleven should mention if it completely fails to find and load compat-wireless when the user prompts to load them using the button in question. Now, it just makes it seem like it actually loaded them (button turns red) and the only thing hinting about something going wrong is the fact that the MAC address bar goes blank.
Sure I could put a couple more checks. I didn't think that it is really need though. When you install it you install the drivers at that location too. So they are available.. Anyway the lines of code to make this check is less than my comment

P.S. Saturn, could you implement a toggle to remove the "this kernel is perhaps incompatible with Cleven" yellow banner completely at the user's discretion?
I will add something. Others have asked that too before.

Thanks for your comments.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I haven't used it yet and I didn't understood your comment. Does it work?
It doesn't, unless user manually move files to place, where Cleven expect them.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It doesn't, unless user manually move files to place, where Cleven expect them.

/Estel
How did you install cleven and did you get any errors?
The linux-backports-modules-power package should be picked up and install them to the correct place. Where did it put the driver files?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Saturn, sorry that I wasn't clear. I guess what happened is this:

I had first installed KP50, Cleven and the backports-modules-power, so the backports went to /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power50/ back then.

Afterwards, I installed kernel-cssu and while the backports-modules stayed at /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power50/, Cleven now searched for them in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-cssu1/ even though that directory doesn't exist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Saturn, sorry that I wasn't clear. I guess what happened is this:

I had first installed KP50, Cleven and the backports-modules-power, so the backports went to /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power50/ back then.

Afterwards, I installed kernel-cssu and while the backports-modules stayed at /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power50/, Cleven now searched for them in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-cssu1/ even though that directory doesn't exist.
Thanks, I re-read your previous message and after looking the cleven code, I understood what you meant. The code makes a check of the kernel version and searches the drivers with that result.

We have to ask freemangordon if he plans to keep this in this way or if he plans to deliver a recompilation with a more generic location.

In the meantime, I'm making a version which the user could write in a settings file to override the auto-check.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Release of cleven 3.2-1 in extras-devel

This version (should be available in few minutes) depends on freemangordon's package of the bleeding edge drivers. Since those depend on the kernel-power package, installing cleven will most probably upgrade your kernel to the latest in the repository you have enabled.

To casual users: Please allow people with more experience to test it first before you upgrade. I have not tested it with all possible combinations and the major changes might break your system. Recommended is to use the version in stable repository or if you feel adventurous the testing repository.

Changes:
  • NEW: Additions in the load.sh script for checking the new driver files existence before unloading the default ones.
  • NEW: Addition of a check to skip the startup kernel check (and thus avoid error message for those with custom working setups).
  • NEW: Addition of a check to skip the autodiscovery of kernel version (and set it manually).
  • NEW: Added freemangordon in the about/thanks section of the application.
INSTRUCTIONS:

• To override the autodiscovery of the drivers location and use the default, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
  • To skip the kernel check in the startup, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
WARNING: This version will work only with Kernel-Power version 50 and above.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I just flashed my phone and now faced with this issue cleven just doesnt create monitor mode i am using latest version .

I can create it manually of course just not in the app its self , althou none of my load files creates mon0 anymore i have no idea whats going on .

I have reinstalled clenen so many times now still same issue and yep i do have new wifi drivers .

Cheers

Originally Posted by rayon View Post
Hello,

I copied the drivers provided from http://david.gnedt.eu/blog/wl1251/ to /opt/cleven/compat-wireless-v1. I could load them but I can't set it to monitor mode through cleven interface (I can do it manually). But still, I can't scan for network.

So I read few post back and I found the following solution :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=541

I tried it but it doesn't work I have the same symptom (can't set the driver to monitor mode through the interface and I can't scan for network).

Regards,

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
I just flashed my phone and now faced with this issue cleven just doesnt create monitor mode i am using latest version .

I can create it manually of course just not in the app its self , althou none of my load files creates mon0 anymore i have no idea whats going on .

I have reinstalled clenen so many times now still same issue and yep i do have new wifi drivers .

Cheers
If you need help it is good to mention the standard info.
So, which version of cleven and which version of KP do you have?

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver