due to the lack of nominees we decided to extend the nomination period by one month.

From the merger with HiFo-Council we furthermore need to extend the election process by another week, adding a one-week contemplation period.

We are extending the acceptance of nominations till the end of the day 2013/11/30 (GMT).

Contemplation will start 2013/12/01 ending with the end of the day 2013/12/07 (GMT).

The Election then starts 2013/12/08. You will be notified with an election-token within the week before.

For detailed information on upcoming elections, general information about the process and if you are an eligible person to vote or as candidate - see:
Election Process http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process

On behalf of the Maemo Community Council

Best regards
Ruediger Schiller
Community Council Chair

Link: Original article.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
I think a lot of peoples would have stand up if it wasn't for the karma..

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Just a reminder, in case you haven't voted so far, please do so now.
Voting booth closes in 7,5 hours (23:59 UTC).
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-12-14 at 22:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
LAST call.

Please show your loyalty and that you are interested in the continuance of maemo.org!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by setter View Post
I think a lot of peoples would have stand up if it wasn't for the karma..
Just so people know, for me the issue was absolute lack of time. When I was on the council the term before last (if you're counting the one that's about to start as one), I was not able to dedicate nearly as much time as I wished I could to the cause (that's why meeting minutes stopped, and in general my IRC presence was less than I wished I was able to give. While I think I was able to provide a useful contribution while there, under other circumstances I could have provided more.

For the last half year the situation for me was such that I think I can better serve the community by finishing university and getting a well paying programming job, throwing what money I can into preordering/donating to the Neo900, and hoping the community will endure for another half-year, when I finally graduate and shift my collegiate work time back into community involvement, at least partially.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: