Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
i have noticed that my phone hangs a lot when my availibility is online. i sign into 3accounts. msn, skype and facebook. i have noticed that while i am onlline, my phone lags a lot and its not able to multi task properly, it hangs everytime i open something. also if iam listening to music while online, sometimes that chat message tone comes and when i open the msg, it takes a time to load. any one else noticed this or having laggy n900 on availability online? if yes then any fix?
thanks

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Yes, I've also noticed.
No, I have not found any fix (yet?).

Same here, I've seen the phone slows down when I log in to my skype, google voice, gtalk accounts.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
yepp i hope someone gets a fix soon

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I think it just takes some effort to log into the services, synchronise contact lists, and all that. I've only seen cpu usage jump when I log in or out, never noticed any related lag after the actual logging-in is done. Also, the cpu spike is a lot shorter when logging out.

This is a problem for me too, perhaps b/c I have four accounts working (facebook for a hundred, gtalk and skype for a few and jabber(msn) for another hundred contacts)... but I applied the speed patch, swappolube and the rest of tweaks in here and it seems better now.