Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
So we know what the problem is and we know where the game files are stored...

Question is, how would you restore the permissions after restoring the files from /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds?

I'm fine with using xterm, I just don't know enough linux to know what to do!

Many thanks
I had this problem before and someone told me to complete at least 1 level before overwriting the blank highscores.lua and settings.lua in var/opt/rovio/angrybirds/. That seems to solve the permission problem. My scores are restored and i can make new highscores without the game crashing on me

Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
Question is, how would you restore the permissions after restoring the files from /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds?s
chmod 666 /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds/* should do the trick

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
It's not the PR1.3 fault but Rovio's, what's the point of placing the save files in /var/ instead of ~/ ?
As much as I completely vomit insult all over this PR 1.3 update for being so sparse on any noticeable updates and features as to be vulgar, this one is absolutely on Rovio if you're accurate about where they are storing the scores. Incredibly stupid, in fact.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
What the ****?

Anyone found a way to recover your hard work yet?

Although i'd be happy to replay such a great game especially as there is no new levels on the horizon, i worked my *** off getting some amazing scores and 3 starrin every level.

WTF!!!!!!!!
You're a real donkey!
You've got what you are!

Am happy you've lost your angry bird score! And other game settings too!

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Miika View Post

I'd love to make the situation better some how but I don't know any proper solutions for this. I even lost all device settings when updating through Ovi Suite even though it stated that it will backup them.
I don't know about OVI suite backup. I didn't do it because I made one on the N900. But I did flash my device with OVI and after that I made backup from N900. And my blubbels hiscore is there, and gweled and hex-a-hop......... So it can be done somehow. With or without following the hierarchy. Even on Ubuntu my home partition is the same but now I have sixth clean install of the system. And most of my settings are always preserved.

Use fapman if OTA refuses to work.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
Haha mine reset to0, I dont want to play it anymore lol

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Use fapman if OTA refuses to work.
Da-da da-da da-da da-da FAPMAN!!!

OMFG I'm hurting laughing. Sorry, sorry... we were all being serious just now, weren't we? Sorry. Go on.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
I reinstalled AngryBirds and now it keeps crashing smh and I had all level packs :-/

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
I reinstalled AngryBirds and now it keeps crashing smh and I had all level packs :-/
Have you done : chmod 666 /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds/* ?