Hahaha, I'm serious, no joke!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
And the "Great Canadian N900 Smuggling Cartel" was born...
So long for prohibition :P

Following up on my earlier posts about pre-ordering the N900 and then canceling it, I have done so. Chat transcript with a Nokia online store rep is below. I thought it curious that he suggested purchasing direct from Nokia would ensure "genuine product", but then reversed himself.

Chat InformationThank you for choosing NokiaUSA. A sales representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Tom.

Tom: Hello, welcome to Nokia. I am a Nokia Sales Representative, may I assist you finding a device today?

You: hi, I've already purchased a device.

You: I'm curious about either (1) canceling, or (2) saving money on the purchase.

You: Order #2xxxxxxx

Tom: I am sorry I am unable to see yur order. Why were you having second thoughts and what did you order?

You: I pre-ordered the N900, don't need the included BTheadset, and it's now cheaper via Amazon.

Tom: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

You: thx, Tom.

Tom: Are you sure you want to cancel your order?

You: I'm open to other options, but I'm sure you can imagine the value of saving some $$ these days.

Tom: I hear you on that but wouldnt you like to also have peace of mind knowing that you would be getting genuine product?

You: Sure, but I'm assuming Nokia is providing 'genuine product' to its channel partner Amazon. Is that not correct?

Tom: They would too of course.
Our Care Contact Center team are available by calling 1-888-665-4228. Our Center is open from

Tom: Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST.

Tom: That is the number to call to cancel your order.

You: thank you, I appreciate your understanding. I bought an N810 earlier this year direct from Nokia, and love the device.

You: But as I said, i already have a BT headset, and if all else is equal (warranty/free-shipping/etc) between purchasing from Nokia or from Amazon, then I'd like to save some money.

Tom: Fair enough! Thank you for visiting NokiaUSA and chatting with us today. Have a great day!

Chat InformationThank you for visiting NokiaUSA and chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

I then called the Care Contact Center team on 1-888-665-4228, and canceled the pre-order in all of 20 seconds. No charges applied.

Hope this clarifies the experience for folks.

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Following up on my earlier posts about pre-ordering the N900 and then canceling it, I have done so. Chat transcript with a Nokia online store rep is below. I thought it curious that he suggested purchasing direct from Nokia would ensure "genuine product", but then reversed himself.

Chat InformationThank you for choosing NokiaUSA. A sales representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Tom.

Tom: Hello, welcome to Nokia. I am a Nokia Sales Representative, may I assist you finding a device today?

You: hi, I've already purchased a device.

You: I'm curious about either (1) canceling, or (2) saving money on the purchase.

You: Order #2xxxxxxx

Tom: I am sorry I am unable to see yur order. Why were you having second thoughts and what did you order?

You: I pre-ordered the N900, don't need the included BTheadset, and it's now cheaper via Amazon.

Tom: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

You: thx, Tom.

Tom: Are you sure you want to cancel your order?

You: I'm open to other options, but I'm sure you can imagine the value of saving some $$ these days.

Tom: I hear you on that but wouldnt you like to also have peace of mind knowing that you would be getting genuine product?

You: Sure, but I'm assuming Nokia is providing 'genuine product' to its channel partner Amazon. Is that not correct?

Tom: They would too of course.
Our Care Contact Center team are available by calling 1-888-665-4228. Our Center is open from

Tom: Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST.

Tom: That is the number to call to cancel your order.

You: thank you, I appreciate your understanding. I bought an N810 earlier this year direct from Nokia, and love the device.

You: But as I said, i already have a BT headset, and if all else is equal (warranty/free-shipping/etc) between purchasing from Nokia or from Amazon, then I'd like to save some money.

Tom: Fair enough! Thank you for visiting NokiaUSA and chatting with us today. Have a great day!

Chat InformationThank you for visiting NokiaUSA and chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

I then called the Care Contact Center team on 1-888-665-4228, and canceled the pre-order in all of 20 seconds. No charges applied.

Hope this clarifies the experience for folks.
Did they send you a confirming email, in case you need to dispute with your bank, etc...?

Well, I meant through Nokia. $50 for a one time replacement is not really what I am interested in. Especially based on what I have read, and just recently experienced, with the N810's touch screen.

No. The rep indicated:
  1. No charges would be applied since the device hadn't been released yet
  2. I would get a call-back tomorrow w/ the cancellation code
Before calling, I also checked my credit card account to verify that no charges had been applied. So everything suggests the transaction was completely backed out...

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
No. The rep indicated:
  1. No charges would be applied since the device hadn't been released yet
  2. I would get a call-back tomorrow w/ the cancellation code
Before calling, I also checked my credit card account to verify that no charges had been applied. So everything suggests the transaction was completely backed out...
When I cancelled they gave me a cancellation code right then and there.

Originally Posted by bbin View Post
By the way n900 seems to be already #5 in amazon USA's cell phone sales ranking
Funny thing is if you click on the Amazon.com Sales Rank link "Cell Phones & Service > Accessories > Unlocked Phones" on the product page it shows the n900 as #1.

If you go to the "Cell Phones & Service" category and check out the "Bestsellers in Unlocked Cell Phones" in the right column the n900 is not even on the first page of results.

Originally Posted by dccupp View Post
If you go to the "Cell Phones & Service" category and check out the "Bestsellers in Unlocked Cell Phones" in the right column the n900 is not even on the first page of results.

Amazon's listings never make sense. Try filtering by Prime Eligible and you get all kinds of non-Prime stuff. Try sorting by Price, low to high and you do not get them in any specific order. Amazon needs to take some time out from making Kindles and fix their storefront.

It could be just a server sync issue.. since I'm sure their data is replicated across several servers to deal with the traffic.