Active Topics

Notices

Hey guys!

What's up here - everyone switched to android or what?
Let's see if someone's still alive here...
Also from me KUDOS for this piece of coding for the Maemo Community.
I searched these pages like a mad man, but didn't find an explanation that helped me.

I created a "2 States Switch" that even does what I want (Brightness high and low). But for more sensitive applications like "reboot" or so, I'd like it to be triggered through multi click. I know I have to activate "@MultiClick" and use "$QBW_CLICKS_COUNT". But I just cannot get it to work! Can someone please add the neccessary code to the original BEECON one?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...289#post823289

Still love this NOT-A-PHONE!

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
You you just need to create a standard beecon with @Clicked on, not a 2 state one?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply!
Yes - for a reboot you're right. I picked a bad example.
I'm running several processes that i would like to start and stop safely - not accidentally. One of them is a periodic e-mail being send containg system information. Another one is transmission-daemon.

Still lacking the knowledge how to use multi click as a confirmation I've started using the dialogue box provided by zenity. This dialogue pops up at the bottom of the screen and lets you push a button as confirmation. This makes things a little more complicated, though.

1. Write a script "askstart" that contains the zenity command for starting a process.
2. Write a script "askstop" containing the zenity command for stopping the process.
3. Use askstart and askstop as start/stop commands in the beecon.

Essential: The two scripts must exit with an output like "Running" or "Not Running" so the beecon can display these states. For - and that really sucks - I was not able to make the on/off image show up reliably. It just kept changing, no matter how you answered the zenith dialogue.

Should anyone be interested, I'll gladly provide the code that's working for me.

Cheers!