Originally Posted by Paper Waves View Post
Is replacing the housing something difficult? I'm still in doubt if the 16gb N9 will provide me enough storage, but I quite like the cyan colour..
Getting the screen off (the first time anyways after that it is simple) was for me at least the trickiest part. The rest was cake. The housings on eBay have the led flash, the bottom speaker and of course the headphone jack built in so you don't have to remove those.

Honestly if you are comfortable with taking apart small electronics and have the right tools it's not bad at all. Just make sure you have a good set of tools so you don't strip any of the screws!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Honestly if you are comfortable with taking apart small electronics and have the right tools it's not bad at all. Just make sure you have a good set of tools so you don't strip any of the screws!!!!
Hmmz, not really actually... I'll look around if I know someone who is comfortable with this. Than maybe I would consider. Otherwise it will be the 16gb version anyway.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
I actually replaced my housing from black to cyan.
So you've made yourself a 64gb cyan? Everything fit back together OK (i.e. casings are all the same)?
I wanted to try that myself - was wondering whether to faff sourcing components or just buy a 16gb cyan and then sell the resulting 16gb black.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
So you've made yourself a 64gb cyan? Everything fit back together OK (i.e. casings are all the same)?
I wanted to try that myself - was wondering whether to faff sourcing components or just buy a 16gb cyan and then sell the resulting 16gb black.
Yeah absolutely perfect!!! I am pretty OCD when it comes to this kind of stuff and I am SUPER happy with how it came out.

EDIT - just took a few pics lets see if I can upload them...

Last edited by lstrike21; 2012-01-24 at 18:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Ok, here are some pics I took of the screen.

Not sure they do the color any justice really...The Cyan is beautiful it is really eye catching the blue really pops. Don't know if it is the camera (HTC device I use for work) or the displays I am looking at but I am sure if nothing else you can get a feel for how nice the housing looks and fits.
Attached Images

Last edited by lstrike21; 2012-01-24 at 19:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
One more of the top...USB Door and Sim Tray were also swapped of course and purchased off eBay. The headphone jack is silver of course just looks black from the shadow of the camera reflecting...sheesh of all the days to not have my n8 on me for the pics!
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
So, I got my replacement screen from here:

http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/no...-168399c1.html

They ship internationally, really quickly. I recommend them

The Following User Says Thank You to j d For This Useful Post:
My n9 screen was broken yesterday, surprisingly it's a first case here in Thailand so I can't find any information how should I do then I googled and stumbled here.

I've just got a little question that where can I get a spare part because the link that j d bought it said 'out of stock' but i found this on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-N9-A...#ht_500wt_1180

and I saw that somedude also bought it from ebay, how is the quality after you replaced the screen. Much appreciate if you can give some piece of advice.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i bought mine on ebay
How is the quality of the screen? I want to buy it from ebay too.

If you're looking for regular spare parts, I just noticed that the black 16GB N9 goes for under 400CHF new online here in Switzerland... that's about 320Euros I guess...

For display, cheapest I see on ebay is this one:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/Nokia-N9-AMOL...item3cbf8a1fb7