Active Topics

Notices

I couldn't find one, so I decided to make my own. Saera can do some tasks (such as setting alarms etc) and make some conversation, although not very well (might someone be interested in helping with the A.I.?)
Saera uses Pocketsphinx for voice recognition, eSpeak to talk and PyGTK for the GUI.

To install, you will need these packages:
Code:
pocketsphinx-utils
pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj
pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4
gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx
python-gst0.10
python-gtk2
python-gobject
python-cairo
espeak
What Saera can do right now:
  • tell you the time, both where you are and in a few major cities (more will be added)
  • greet you
  • Verify she's working, if you say "testing"
  • Take a picture, if the lens cover is open and the camera app isn't
  • Take a picture of you with the front camera
  • tell you the meaning of life, the universe and everything
  • tell you random facts about the N900
  • call a phone number (buggy)
  • tell you where you are if you're lost
  • search for food near you
  • read you new emails as they come in
  • set alarms (note that I haven't got them to boot the device if it's off yet)
  • play and pause music (although you can't play a song by name yet - that will come.)

Edit [2015-07-19 4:16 pm]: Added support for Sailfish OS.

Edit [2012-12-31 2:28 pm]: Added support for N9/N950.

Edit [2012-06-16 11:55 pm]: Initial support for answering in other languages.

Edit [2012-06-11 3:14 pm]: Improved recognition accuracy

Edit: Latest source files attached.

Mod edit:
Changed thread title
Attached Files
File Type: deb saera_0.1-0_all.deb (223.0 KB, 3246 views)

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-07-19 at 22:10.

The Following 227 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
222, abubakar, abuelmagd, abyzthomas, accountvip, aditya_123412, ahmadamaj, ajack, Alfred, AlMehdi, AlphaX2, anapospastos, anonymous, anthonie, ArchiMark, Artyom, azad1top, Bahador, BertvanDorp, bharathkumarst, bingomion, bipinbn, bitrocky, bocephus, borghal, Boxeri, Brian_7, Bundyo, c4rl05, carlosgonz, chill, cincibluer6, ck2nb, Crysis, cy8aer, dadoabdallah, daniel_m, datjomp, DeadHorseRiding, death_jax, debernardis, deegore, Demon_82, dgls82, diegofigueroa, djdas, DJJonosound, don_falcone, draxcp6, ed00, enne30, ersanpermana, Estel, et3rnal, Fabian Schölzel, Fatalist, Feathers McGraw, figaro, funkmunk, fw190, gazza_d, getnani, ghost_who_walks, gng554, Gramsci, guilledoc, Half-Life_4_Life, Halftux, Hec, henry91, heubergen, hhbbap, HtheB, ibrakalifa, ilpianista, imaginaryenemy, immi.shk, imo, impeham, int_ua, Iosian, Iryus, isorn, ivgalvez, JadeH, jamil777, jbojorquez81, jcharpak, jecargo22, Jerex, jhwan, joerg_rw, Joseph9560, jtwoody, jurgel, K9999, Ken-Young, kent_autistic, kingoddball, klinglerware, kojacker, krutznikov, lexik, lorenzo, LouisDK, Lucazz990, luiscesjr, m750, m@m0nt, Maj3stic, MaKenZi, maluka, Mara, marmistrz, MartinK, mece, melisa queen, Mentalist Traceur, Mike Fila, minimos, MINKIN2, miqu, mosen, mosiomm, Mr. Incredible, mrp, mrsellout, n-mi, N9owner, naveed5700, nicholes, nicodonte, nicolai, nkirk, nman, nodevel, noorallah, norayr, OVK, palikao, panjgoori, patriotnop, peterleinchen, pfontana77, phapsubongtoi, phil4444, philter, praveenchand, princefakhan, Protegio, PUNK, ranbaxy, Rauha, ravi_kumar, reinob, rgodinez, rob_kouw, Roth, rotoflex, rpjitendra, Russe89, ryusilva, sajjadsajjad, Santhan, saponga, schokopudding, SHARP66, shin2_d, Shinigamijim, Shivu025, shrijith1, sifo, sixwheeledbeast, skykooler, slappy, smoothc, Sohil876, som3a, somedude, Sourav.dubey, sowwhatyoureap, SSLMM, StickYY, stlpaul, sudarsan_avs, sunil, Ta76eem, talmuth, te37v, TeHeR, Temporal, thedead1440, theonelaw, thp, TimusEravan, Tiran, tissot, tonyhuynh, tullamulla, turbovomit, ukki, unnome, unoace, Van-ess, Verssetti, vetsin, Virtuality, vistaus, Wasmachinemann-NL, wicozani, Wikiwide, wittyheart, wolke, woody14619, wumpwoast, XiliX, yinzfg, zdanee, Zentenario, zifis, zincholic, zlatokosi, ZogG
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Wow, gonna test it out for sure!

Good luck building it

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to pin a specific voice command to an arbitrary command-line? I would use that in so many ways! Very happy that someone is writing a Sphinx "GUI"

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Is it possible to pin a specific voice command to an arbitrary command-line? I would use that in so many ways! Very happy that someone is writing a Sphinx "GUI"
Yes it is; in fact, that is a good deal easier than trying to parse the input for meaning.

I'm just collecting everything into one place, and I'll upload the zip later this evening.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Any way we could get this for Harmattan?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Would be happy to see source code, so i hope other devs would jump in

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Now I have pull the n900 out and add this....makes,me wonder why i even have an n9.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
(might someone be interested in helping with the A.I.?)
Sure! Where is the source?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Interesting project! Long live N900!

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
Any way we could get this for Harmattan?
Unfortunately I do not have an N9, and I don't have the money to get one. If someone else is interested in getting it running though, it should be simoke in theory. Is pocketsphinx in the N9 repos?

Sure! Where is the source?
I'll upload the source when I get home this evening; I don't have it here, just my screenshot.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text