Active Topics

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by zeriniel View Post
JM,

I couldn't get the (I used 1.0.7) Armel image to mount using either qchroot or using the Debian chroot. I think it was a file system thing. I didn't put that much work into it, because honestly, building my own rootfs just became easier. I don't recall the errors I had, and you're more than welcome to try it out. Creating your own also offers the benefit of being able to add in only the packages you want and selecting what you want your default GUI to be.
zeriniel,

thanks for your answer!
I asked this because I tried 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 beta and failed. I think the command "sudo qchroot .img /somewhere" should work - as it is working with backtrack5 and easy debian/ubuntu -, but when I try with kali it failes to mount. I do not know whether it is the img file itself, the version or the fact that I extracted the .xz on a windows machine (maybe NTFS messes things up...?).

Anyway, I shall build my own beacause of the reasons you mentioned; I only have to install kali on my PC (:

Thanks,

jm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
One problem I'm having with my Kali chroot, is I can't logout from the LXDE gui. I'm sure this is something that the Easy Debian guys fixed long ago, maybe I should ask over there.

I also should package up the scripts I have for Kali, based on Easy Debian, and put the img file on dropbox or something... or hopefully someone else will get to it before I do!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post

I also should package up the scripts I have for Kali, based on Easy Debian, and put the img file on dropbox or something... or hopefully someone else will get to it before I do!
Upload a minimal and compressed armel image too if possible(with only base), and yeah easy deb like scripts would be great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armen2505 For This Useful Post: