Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
If you like it price should not come in way and if you want to tinker too much then theres the n900 or secure a neo900 at neo900.org.

Thank you all for your advice, I finally purchased a Nokia N9 16 GB version a couple of days ago and I am totally in love with it. This is really a pure hacker device, while at the same time a beautifully crafted software and hardware experience, and shows what Nokia should have brought to the market to compete with Android and iOS, instead of that crapy Windows Phone thing I even considered to buy, before knowing how limited it is (and that it just carries the name `Windows`, while actually is more closed than Vatican's archives...). Thanks again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vali20 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Glad you decided to go for it. The N9 is an awesome, one-of-a-kind device, even despite its couple shortcomings. When you think that Nokia threw away Harmattan/Meego and everything it could have been in favor of Windows Phone...well, need I say more?

But anyway, have fun with your new N9!

The Following User Says Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by vali20 View Post
Thank you all for your advice, I finally purchased a Nokia N9 16 GB version a couple of days ago and I am totally in love with it. This is really a pure hacker device, while at the same time a beautifully crafted software and hardware experience, and shows what Nokia should have brought to the market to compete with Android and iOS, instead of that crapy Windows Phone thing I even considered to buy, before knowing how limited it is (and that it just carries the name `Windows`, while actually is more closed than Vatican's archives...). Thanks again!
Suggestion : install WareHouse :
https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse
to access many free softwares available in OpenRepos.Net. As Nokia Store doesn't accept updates for Symbian & MeeGo Harmattan softwares since 01/01/2014, many free and paid softwares have newer (and free) versions now in OpenRepos.net.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Suggestion : install WareHouse :
https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse
to access many free softwares available in OpenRepos.Net. As Nokia Store doesn't accept updates for Symbian & MeeGo Harmattan softwares since 01/01/2014, many free and paid softwares have newer (and free) versions now in OpenRepos.net.
Thanks for the advice, I have already done that. Yes, indeed, truly awesome phone, great experience and an UI way better than everything I have seen before. And what a community, one day after Nokia closes Internet Radio, the community does not maake a workaround, but an entire new application for internet radio. So, yes, really impressive.

Again, thank you all for the advices. And indeed, Nokia could have still exist today if it were to choose Harmattan over Windows Crap Phone...