Active Topics

Originally Posted by lal View Post
Try downloading now. It seems to be working at the moment. I just tried it and the rootfs image for 006 varient is being downloaded at the moment as I type this. Been facing this very same forbidden issue for the past few days. Hope it is fixed!
Indeed! I just managed to fully download it! Thanks!

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
if anyone has available server space, I can upload the file, no problem.

the 403 error seems to be a Nokia server issue that happens frequently. You night succeed continuing trying.
Thank you very much for your effort! I was just about to configure an ftp account for you to upload the file to a server I have when I read lal's reply and decided to give it a try, and succeeded

Thanks again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdias For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
FTR
Navifirm in its current version (at the time of writing 3.2) is indeed able to get the firmwares.
I donated the developer for his work, and I highly recommend others do as well.
http://www.symbian-toys.com/NaviFirm.aspx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Would Navifirm somehow allow me to download images which are not corrupt. I already tried downloading on three different computers on three different connections and all ended up not matching the CRC checksum in the end.

My N9 is waiting to be alive again! It has a warning about warranty violation and a banner saying OS was not installed completely when I switch it on, for I tried flashing it first with a corrupt image. Been a week there in coma!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Would Navifirm somehow allow me to download images which are not corrupt. I already tried downloading on three different computers on three different connections and all ended up not matching the CRC checksum in the end.

My N9 is waiting to be alive again! It has a warning about warranty violation and a banner saying OS was not installed completely when I switch it on, for I tried flashing it first with a corrupt image. Been a week there in coma!
Well, yes, it downloads from Nokias servers, but:
The corrupt downloads could be because of your connection, and corrupt images of course on the servers you download from - not likely though - especially from the originating source (Nokia).
Navifirm btw, will download all products and versions available, not limited to N9

I framed the question poorly. I was actually meaning to ask, if Navifirm some how would not let the downloads to be corrupted. Like a superior way of cehcking the bytes if some noise creeped in while on the travel! But that is not possible. *I think too much at times*

I'm downloading the image again now. I wish it end up in one full error free piece!