I think the forgotten passwords is fixed on PR 1.2. I had the same problem on PR 1.1 and a reinstallation via "Nokia Sofware Updater" fixed it.

Originally Posted by iMeTubes View Post
I think the forgotten passwords is fixed on PR 1.2. I had the same problem on PR 1.1 and a reinstallation via "Nokia Sofware Updater" fixed it.
I didn't have any problems with this until AFTER updating to PR1.2 over OTA (PR1.1 was flashed). It started asking for every account password after rebooting.
Rather than reflashing and starting from scratch I started with a soft reset with the power button - it worked!
Must be worth trying first before spending hours setting up a phone from scratch....?

Originally Posted by zoolkhan View Post
After each reboot, i need to answer many many passwords request for near all accounts i need to access.

all mail accounts, all messenger accounts - and all other accounts as soon i try to use them.

a total reinstall of the phone (wipeout) did not help.

what could be borked, anything i can do from the shell?

ps: i attached it to a more or less similar sounding bug on the new
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=255 url.

However, i see no evidence of anyone touching any of the filed bugs there... also anyone can change anyones bug - with a lot of potential to make the original entry useless.

Schould this forum section be the wrong place, then i appologize.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMabEyrtPRg&t=2m13s

Originally Posted by zoolkhan View Post
After each reboot, i need to answer many many passwords request for near all accounts i need to access.

all mail accounts, all messenger accounts - and all other accounts as soon i try to use them.

a total reinstall of the phone (wipeout) did not help.

what could be borked, anything i can do from the shell?

ps: i attached it to a more or less similar sounding bug on the new
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=255 url.

However, i see no evidence of anyone touching any of the filed bugs there... also anyone can change anyones bug - with a lot of potential to make the original entry useless.

Schould this forum section be the wrong place, then i appologize.
that is not bug
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answ...&answer=175197

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ New Zealand
Hey guys, I have also been experiencing this problem, but only with my Google related services (gmail, calendar, etc) but by going to this website:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=14257

I managed to get all my Google stuff working again without it asking for passwords repeatedly. I did a reboot and it still remembered my account info. Might be worth trying before reflashing the phone

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Its the same with pr1.2 on occasion. Happens sporadically.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Its the same with pr1.2 on occasion. Happens sporadically.
Clarification: this only started after I updated to 1.2. It was fine for about three weeks then it started asking for my passwords.

The same to me, and I just reflashed my phone (without an erase though).
Then I deleted all my accounts, deleted some folders as I saw on a thread, rebooted, created all the accounts, but this does'nt work.

I really really don't want to reflash my phone as I will have to setup a lot of applications (I'm already ****ing pissed of having lost every contact links).

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
I picked up a fresh N9 64GB (made in Finland) a few weeks ago, running 005/Asia firmware (PR 1.1, IIRC) out of the box, and I didn't think to flash it to 001/ROW firmware before I ran the PR 1.3 update OTA.

Funny thing, I hadn't run into this 'forgotten credentials' issue with my previous N9 (made in China), but my experience fixing this issue on my 'new' (Finland) N9 was the following...

Apologies for not giving appropriate credit, but I tried one of jalyst's suggestions in the bugzilla thread...

1. delete all accounts
2. reset device (settings -> reset, etc...)
3. recreate accounts
4. reboot to verify issue is resolved, i.e. N9 doesn't nag for credentials again.

This didn't happen to work for me, so I repeated the steps above, and the issue seems to be fixed now.

One more interesting bit of trivia is that I found that the first reset didn't seem to wipe out all apps/data, most notably the Vimeo and Meecast apps.

After a second reset, Vimeo and Meecast were gone.

I had actually also tried to reflash from the 005/Asia firmware to 001/ROW firmware, but of course that resulted in 'downgrade not possible' flasher complaints.

Last edited by slvr32; 2012-12-28 at 19:58.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
slvr32,

What may have happened in your case is when you updated OTA from pr.1.1 to pr1.3, the cmt component must have been held back or some component of the rootfs hence your phone was put into open mode and this issue...

OTA from pr1.1 is always not the right solution; looking back at this thread it seems like nobody listened to rainisto's comment in bugzilla that this is due to open mode or rescue kernel... I only saw BluesLee report about the commands he did and said he didn't put the device into open mode but he flashed initrd-rescue; I'm not sure if he did this on the N950 but that command on the N9 is definitely rescue ramdisk...

OTA updates have the risk of putting the phone into open mode so a clean upgrade is always desired...

Also this thread is strange; it has 3 gconftool commands but doesn't mention that the simplest way to stop the asking for passwords at every boot-up is to delete the 3 folders as user: ~/.aegis, ~/.accounts, ~/.activesync, reboot and then re-create the accounts...