Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Farewells.
TBH I do not get your point(s), not at all.
Was starting this thread your legitimation to quit? (I would not like to loose you, or any member, as we are already a small community and I appreciated your input).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Farewells.
TBH I do not get your point(s), not at all.
Was starting this thread your legitimation to quit? (I would not like to loose you, or any member, as we are already a small community and I appreciated your input).
No. Seeing the same absurd disconnect from real world issues (yeah, I get it, it's cool when your latest interaction was usenet) as last time suggested something 'somewhat new' (modlogs). People here just stopped caring. It's like a C64/ZX Spectrum forum (maemo whether you accept it or not has not seen a product consumer can buy for over half a decade, not that much different), while the thing was in stores people were interested in new things (see 'quake 3 on n900' thread and similar). Snowden, sure rings a bell with some. But other developments? Get off my lawn. So I'm off, cya (see you at soylent)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
szopin, you are not wrong in that revealing your identity is a risk but:

1, we NEED a real, legal body to function in a reliable, long term way ( own servers, trademarks, pay bills et) - this needs _REAL_ identities.
2, you can CHOOSE not to join the GA, never revealing your identity trusting the members who have joined the GA to deal with the needed management stuff in a sane way.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chainsawbike For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Being fully anonymous might work in lala-land of twitter et al, where the infra is provided by a company and "users" are just fuel for an engine working for advertisers.

Just as @chainsawbike comments what we have here is a different thing; we are a legal entity that owns real material and immaterial property. Hence we need also what @szopin so demeanly calls "politics".
Today that word has been devalued because of corruption in high circles but politics in our sense of the word means caring for our common things, it is a necessary function.

Without "forum politics" we cannot survive, we need order, dedication and people willing to take care of things.
This just cannot be done by anonymous users, there are laws in the real worls that we need to obey.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Being fully anonymous might work in lala-land of twitter et al, where the infra is provided by a company and "users" are just fuel for an engine working for advertisers.

Just as @chainsawbike comments what we have here is a different thing; we are a legal entity that owns real material and immaterial property. Hence we need also what @szopin so demeanly calls "politics".
Today that word has been devalued because of corruption in high circles but politics in our sense of the word means caring for our common things, it is a necessary function.

Without "forum politics" we cannot survive, we need order, dedication and people willing to take care of things.
This just cannot be done by anonymous users, there are laws in the real worls that we need to obey.
Absolutely. Very short and precise answer!
Thank You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: