Notices

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Helsinki
Is your Gallery application in the N9 not recognizing faces any more or it is not giving any more suggestions? Maybe you are suffering a well known bug. Just install Facerecognition Resetter Plugin and click on the “Protect” button. You want to do this even if you are not suffering this problem since this will prevent it from appearing in the future.

If you want to correct this problem or prevent it in the future, just check quickly on the announcement note:
http://blog.andresgomez.org/2012/10/...-the-nokia-n9/

More info:
http://igalia.github.com/gallery-plu...tion-resetter/

Br.

Last edited by tanty; 2012-10-24 at 07:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tanty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Pages not found... But i have this bug... When i want to insert a face it also doesn't show names when i start typing letters...

any help?

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
Pages not found... But i have this bug... When i want to insert a face it also doesn't show names when i start typing letters...

any help?
http://blog.andresgomez.org/2012/10/...-the-nokia-n9/

The Following User Says Thank You to abuli For This Useful Post:
Pages not found... But i have this bug...
Corrected in the original message ...

When i want to insert a face it also doesn't show names when i start typing letters...

any help?
I think I've seen this problem before ... let's see if I can figure out how to fix this ... I suspect this was a Tracker related issue ..

Last edited by tanty; 2012-10-24 at 07:22.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Thanks for this Plugin

My Facerecognition is working again and it also solved strange to say the issue that my Standby-screen was not shown after reboot anymore (I had to reenable it in settings everytime).

But I have an other issue now... My gallery is crashing and not responding if i try to add a new face.So I want to reset my DB but this feature is not working.
Any solution there?

Last edited by willi6868; 2012-10-25 at 14:46.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Thanks for this Plugin
But I have an other issue now... My gallery is crashing and not responding if i try to add a new face.So I want to reset my DB but this feature is not working.
Any solution there?
Mmmm... this sounds quite odd. Are you sure that the database is not already deleted? When there is nothing to delete it also says "Failed!".

It would help if you write the complete message that you receive from the plugin. It not only says "Failed!", but also a more complete explanation.

What I would do is try to:
1. Click on "Unprotect"
2. Click on "Reset"

And close Gallery immediately.

After this, I would check the directory:

Code:
~$ /home/user/.local/share/
If there is a subdirectory called "gallerycore", you can safely try to delete it and all its content, in order to reset everything:

Code:
~$ rm -rf /home/user/.local/share/gallerycore
Hope it helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to tanty For This Useful Post:
Ok i deleted "gallerycore" but is it normal that my gallery is stil showing the faces I saved before?

Ok i deleted "gallerycore" but is it normal that my gallery is stil showing the faces I saved before?
The plugin deletes the database in which the metrics and the learning for detecting faces are stored.

The faces regions and tags are stored in the pictures. This plugin doesn't modify any picture so, yes, it is normal that Gallery keeps showing the faces that you saved before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanty For This Useful Post:
Well my problem isnt solved ...

I used facerecognition a few months now and my problem isnt solved. If I try to add a face ( its often only acting by one person in this way) my gsllery is crashing all the time! I already deleted the .db (see aabove).

any clue on this?

Well my problem isnt solved ...

I used facerecognition a few months now and my problem isnt solved. If I try to add a face ( its often only acting by one person in this way) my gsllery is crashing all the time! I already deleted the .db (see aabove).

any clue on this?
What you describe is a different problem to the one that the resetter tries to fix. Not been able to add manually a face is not something prevented but a corrupted DB and Gallery crashing is definitively not something that I've seen before because of that problem.

I'm sorry, but for me this sounds much more like a tracker problem, as it is also in tracker where the face tags are added.

In any case, what you can try is:

1. Delete de DB.
2. Open Gallery and let it automatically recognize a face. Check that it works.
3. Immediately, "Protect" the DB.

From that point on, the Facerecognition DB should work correctly. If you keep suffering that problem I would suggest to check tracker.

You can always reset tracker DB but, unfortunately, doing so you would lose your contacts.

A solution would be to export your contacts, reset tracker's DB and import them again.

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to tanty For This Useful Post: