Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
My phone never had any sim card issues. I even tried pushing TOH hard and I could not loose connection to sim card.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BarryB20 View Post
This is slightly concerning as i will be swapping sims between the Jolla and my Nokia 925 (and occasionally my 808)
I wouldn't be concerned. I'm swapping things all the time and it's really hard to reproduce.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I'm yet another one who only has sim-problems with Poppy Red ltd ed. TOH only. Seems it really varies.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I wouldn't be concerned. I'm swapping things all the time and it's really hard to reproduce.
In my case I lost the connection every time I put the phone in my pocket or simply just pressed on the TOH anywhere at the upper segment of the phone.

Imagine situation where you for example go shopping and after a while notice that the phone has been out of network for an hour or more. That's just unacceptable behaviour and it happened multiple times during a day.

I have been able to reproduce this on my friends Jolla's with different operator SIM cards. As the device itself is not beta version like the Sailfish OS, this kind of malfunction should not be happening.

I hope this can be fixed via SW. If not, it means many phones will have to be either fixed or replaced.

EDIT: This happens with both the white and poppy red TOHs. It got more frequent the more I had used the phone which indicates that the TOH's get more loose over time.

Last edited by skvark; 2014-01-04 at 17:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
No matter what I do I can't get the SIM to disconnect. Is the gold triangle supposed to be pushed out of the way by the SIM?

Good SIM card position

SIM card tray w/out SIM

Now compare on both pictures the golden triangle positions. The SIM card has to push the microswitch to the left and not over or under the SIM card.

Conclusion: Fix the left side of your SIM with duct tape to make it thicker to move the switch as shown in the first picture.

Cheers,
Nek

edit: fixed link

Last edited by Nekron; 2014-01-04 at 22:56.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
SIM card tray w/out SIM
Link not working.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Yes, we really could do with some official input on this problem... what the best solution is, whether hooking is likely to break the microswitch etc. or if a software fix is possible (ignore the SIM sensor).

I'm not sure that trimming my SIM would help as the gold triangle barely touches the SIM card as it is (unless I lift it over).
I tried remove my sim, no problem et all, very easy to remove(and it was first time for me), so seems issue is not on all devices? mine is MFG Date 12, 2013

And If its related to redPuppy OTH:

I did not get my Red, just a message "it will come in a few weeks", maybe the reason some of us did not get Red was because they decided to make new OTH:s because of the problems?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2014-01-06 at 15:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I tried remove my sim, no problem et all, very easy to remove(and it was first time for me), so seems issue is not on all devices? mine is MFG Date 12, 2013

And If its related to redPuppy OTH:

I did not get my Red, just a message "it will come in a few weeks", maybe the reason some of us did not get Red was because they decided to make new OTH:s because of the problems?
Obviously not every device (or SIM combination) has this problem otherwise I'm sure it would have been identified before release.

And as stated previously, there are SIM connection problems when using the White TOH too so it's not just a problem with the limited edition TOH.

Other than that your post was spot on.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I did have an issue with the battery though - the phone got switched off several times in my pocket while I was on the move. I noticed that the pins barely touch the battery connectors and probably get disconnected when the device is twisted a bit. After adding a bit of paper under the battery there are no more problems. However I still wonder why the battery connectors are buried so deep inside the battery...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: