Active Topics

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
I had no clue there were so many!
PDBs are actually identified by Creator ID and type (two 32-bit fields), thus 2^64 possible formats :P (I know it's not entirely true but you get my point ).

I just checked and the only info I found was "iSilo 3.x/4.x" and "Windows-1252".
If it's in iSilo format, then iSilo is the only viewer I know. Sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've the same problem, that isilo crashes the GarnetVM if I want to load a .pdb...
No solution atm. I'm hoping for a new version of GarnetVM for the N900...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hope it comes soon... I really can live without that file.
Cheers

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hope it comes soon... I really can live without that file.
Cheers
yes, that file is life-essential!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
I tried to sync Garnet VM with a WindowsXP virtual machine. The synchronization dialog asks for a machine name or IP address. I have no idea what to choose when trying to sync with bluetooth or USB?

Originally Posted by joschum View Post
I tried to sync Garnet VM with a WindowsXP virtual machine. The synchronization dialog asks for a machine name or IP address. I have no idea what to choose when trying to sync with bluetooth or USB?
You cannot easily sync over Bluetooth or USB; I suggest using Wi-Fi.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You cannot easily sync over Bluetooth or USB; I suggest using Wi-Fi.
I tried to sync using Wi-Fi but it says "Failed (Can`t connect). Probably, my firewall is blocking the connection since I have to manually open the ports... what port number is used to establish the network connection between Windows and Garnet VM?

Originally Posted by joschum View Post
what port number is used to establish the network connection between Windows and Garnet VM?
Google search "network hotsync port": 14237 and 14238 (dunno if tcp or udp).

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
To show the character "~" on screenkeyboard you must select "En" layout keyboard because some layouts haven't the character, for example Es(Spain)

(tested in n800)

Originally Posted by chakli View Post
so i followed this instructions...
first i installed gvm...then i have to enter this "mkdir ~/.gvm/cards" in x-terminal?...but how the heck do i enter this "~" swirly symbol..x-term just not accepting this symbol !!

Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Here are step by step instructions, all steps are performed on the N900.

1. If not already installed, install rootsh. This link has an install button if opened in the N900 browser http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/rootsh/

2. Open the web browser and open this page http://www.access-company.com/cgi/gv..._form&w=OS2008

3. Enter your information and select N810 as your tablet. Then click submit form.

4. Check your email and you fill find a link to the download site, open this link.

5. You will be asked to agree to a license agreement then provided a download link for the file garnet-vm_1.0.4b_ITOS2008_armel.deb. Download this file to your N900 remembering where you put it. Placing it in the N900 folder is an easy place to remember.

6. Open the X-Terminal application.

7. Type sudo gainroot [Enter] in X-Terminal

8. Type cd MyDocs [Enter] in X-terminal (substitute any other folder you saved garnet-vm_1.0.4b_ITOS2008_armel.deb to for MyDocs).

9. Type dpkg -i garnet-vm_1.0.4b_ITOS2008_armel.deb [Enter] in X-Terminal.

10. Type exit [Enter] in X-Terminal. (This exits the root shell)

11. Type exit [Enter] in X-Terminal. (This closes X-Terminal)

12. You now have an icon for Garnet VM in the second page of application icons.
thanks for the post but i have a couple of questiions,

1. does installing the garnet vm directly to the phone besides using the x terminal serve the same purpose, . for some reason whenever i type "cd MyDocs" and type in the file name it tells me "not found". i installed the file to the documents folder of my Nokia. i still have to figure out how and where to save the file to recall it effectively on the x terminal..however if installing directly with the app manager is ok then i dnt hav to worry abt that.

2. how do i get the epocrates setup.prc file, i've searched the epocrates website without luck.there are some free drug guides i found but it wont install to my phone or to my pc, so how do i find and installl this setup.prc file??

Thanks!!
N900 i have tryd different folder names with no luck.